We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best airport to fly into for Cambodia from hcm city

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales UK
Level Contributor
304 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Best airport to fly into for Cambodia from hcm city

Thinking of doing a tour of Cambodia, which airline would be best to fly into from hcm city

THanks Tina

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,886 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best airport to fly into for Cambodia from hcm city

Airlines: Not many choices as a moment or two reading the forum will indicate.

Destination: All depends on why you are coming to Cambodia in the first place - but for most first time visitors the answer would be Siem Reap.

Rgds. Ian

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best airport to fly into for Cambodia from hcm city

If you expect to spend the majority of your time in and around Siem Reap, then fly there on Vietnam Airlines, or (I think) Angkor Air. Otherwise you can fly to PP.

I'm glad I went to Phnom Penh on my last visit, four years ago, but I wouldn't go there right now. Echoes of 1997.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best airport to fly into for Cambodia from hcm city

Hi, there are also other transport options from HCMC you could visit the Mekong Delta on route to Phnom Penh we did the trip with the www.thesinhtourist.vn they are a budget tour agency but very reliable and a good way to get from Vietnam to Cambodia.

Wales UK
Level Contributor
304 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best airport to fly into for Cambodia from hcm city

Hi there, will be doing the touristy things like Angkor wat n so on but not sure which would be the closest airport for these trips, coming from hcmc

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best airport to fly into for Cambodia from hcm city

Siem Reap International Airport, which receives flights from Hanoi and Saigon (HCM City) is essentially the same as Angkor Wat. A map might be useful here.

6. Re: Best airport to fly into for Cambodia from hcm city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 07:19