We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you travel to the shops?

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
How do you travel to the shops?

I want to visit a supermarket, and buy some cheap drink, as I am fed up with high prices in my hotel. I just paid 22USD for a burger and a coke. :/

However, where I am staying at Le Meridien, there is no pathways along the road for quite a while. I don't see anybody else walking in the road, and surely it's a waste of money to pay a tuk tuk driver just to take me round the corner to the shops?

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do you travel to the shops?

So hop on the back of a moto dop and go to the shops.

No matter how you do it, your savings in drinks will be enormous.

Trust me. I buy my Bombay Blue London Gin by the litre for $14/$15 and my ice at KHR500 for a Kilogram and take all of the hotel stock out of the room bar fridge and stock it myself.

Good, cheap parties in room or on balcony this way.

Cheers! Ian

Birmingham, uk
Level Contributor
881 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do you travel to the shops?

why not just get your tuk tuk driver to stop at the shops on your way back from where ever you've been that day?

3. Re: How do you travel to the shops?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 07:15