We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to visit Angkor Night Market?

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to visit Angkor Night Market?

I think I am templed out now, so want some more cultural stuff to do in Siem Reap.

I plan to hike Phnom Bakheng tomorrow, and also visit the War Museum and Banteay Srei (how long does it take to reach via Tuktuk/car?).

However I want to visit Pub Street and the Night Market tonight. Will a tuk tuk driver wait for me like they do in the temples, or would it be more appropriate to just flag one down from inside the market to return me to my hotel?

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,221 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to visit Angkor Night Market?

Hi,

There are hundreds of tuk tuk drivers waiting around pub street and the old market area so just pick up one when you're done - easy.

It takes about 40 minutes to get to Bantaey Srei in a car and about an hour in a tuk tuk.

Cheers

Edited: 04 April 2014, 09:21
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to visit Angkor Night Market?

Thats right, hundreds of tuk tuk will b waiting for u. If this is the first time for u to the night markets, make sure u bargain, they overprice, sometimes 10 times the actual price. For me, iwent to art center night mart, then cross the bridge to old mart, then to pub street. Enjoy

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to visit Angkor Night Market?

I read that they charge you to take photos of the specimens on sale? Is this true?

4. Re: Best way to visit Angkor Night Market?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 06:16