We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legit Cambodia e-visa

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Legit Cambodia e-visa

Hey guys

can anyone please confirm that this is the legit Cambodia e-visa website?

http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/

If not please point me to the right one. Thanks

35 replies to this topic
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Legit Cambodia e-visa

How many days do you plan to stay in Cambodia? If you have a Singapore passport you don't need a visa as a tourist in Cambodia.

To answer your question, yes that's a legit web site for e-visa.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Legit Cambodia e-visa

The listed site is the official Cambodian consulate. ".kh" is the Cambodia country TLD. I successfully received an e-visa from that site prior to a recent trip (March, visa applied for in Feb).

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,561 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Legit Cambodia e-visa

Just to be 100% accurate, that website is the official e-visa website of Cambodia's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (hence the 'mfaic' in the URL and "gov.kh" indeed indicates an official government website domain in this case from the county of Cambodia). MFAIC are the honchos in charge of visas, immigration and such. That's what the previous poster meant by "consulate" even though its not a consulate per se. There are other websites that offer the visa service for grossly inflated prices, so not scams as such but still taking gross advantage of people's lack of knowledge or information.

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Legit Cambodia e-visa

Quick question about the e-visa. I see that when you apply, you upload a digital passport photo - does that mean you don't have to give them a printed passport photo when you arrive, or do you still need one?

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,630 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Legit Cambodia e-visa

Hi,

If you have a eVisa you don't need to hand in a photo when you enter Cambodia, just a printout of your visa.

Cheers

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,940 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Legit Cambodia e-visa

There are some sites that are very similar to this which add on their own substantial charges.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,561 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Legit Cambodia e-visa

And you should have 2 print-outs of the visa. One for them and one for you to keep with you. Many lodging places will want the visa number when you register. Can't recall if that is a law or if every place does it but I recall for sure some who have.

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Legit Cambodia e-visa

Paulosussex and lennybruce - that's great, thank you for your help!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,130 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Legit Cambodia e-visa

Lenny,

By law, ALL hotels/guesthouses are required to record, in the case of Cambodian nationals their national ID Card Number and for foreign visitors their passport details. Some but not all hotels/guesthouses also wish to record your KH Visa number.

Larger hotels with a good computer system often just scan the information required by law, ie the passport details, in to their system and do not thereafter ask regular visitors/guests for their passport at check in as it is already held in their records.

Unlike VN hotels in KH do not usually retain your passport or submit a nightly police report. However, some low-end guesthouses in places such as Sihanhoukville may do this as their security as some guests have been known to do "a runner" without paying.

Best regards. Ian

Camp Phnom Penh next for BKK

Valbonne, France
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Legit Cambodia e-visa

I see the price on the "legit" website is $37, but all the other forums I've visited, say the price for the e-visa is $25 vs. $20 for VOA. Does anyone know if the price has gone up for both of the visas? or is the VOA still only $20?

Reply to: Legit Cambodia e-visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted