We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giant ibis Transport night bus

London, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Giant ibis Transport night bus

Hi has anyone used this bus from SR to PP and if so how long will it take

thanks

51 replies to this topic
Kampong Cham...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Giant ibis Transport night bus

There was recently a short discussion here on that topic and this bus company. Please go to this link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293940-i9551-k744…

How long does it take? It depends if there is an accident.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Giant ibis Transport night bus

The bus usually takes about 7 hours, often a little less than that. After long saying I would never take a night bus in Cambodia, I now take the Giant Ibis night bus regularly and am confident in their safety record. I'd highly recommend them if you are looking to save time. It's not the best night's sleep you'll get in your life, but I prefer it to spending 7 waking hours on a bus. I did a full review with photos here:

movetocambodia.com/transportation-2/…

Edited: 13 May 2014, 14:00
London, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Giant ibis Transport night bus

Good Review

thanks what are the best beds to have top or bottom and do they move up or down ?

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Giant ibis Transport night bus

I've always had bottom bunks, although I think I'd prefer top. Bottom ones mean you can't really sit up straight, because the top bunk gets in the way. This is good incentive to sleep the whole time, though! The beds are in a fixed position.

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Giant ibis Transport night bus

They show some very nice pictures of a luxury bus on the ads. What we got was a real third world bus with cushions on a hard inclined metal frame. Very uncomfortable. I blocked up the cold air vents as it was already cold.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
9 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Giant ibis Transport night bus

I've taken from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap in June 2014 @ 2330 departure. The bed went to 15 degree flat which was ok to sleep. But I was told from a night bus regular user that @ mid night departure bus go completely flat. I stayed at seat A, which was right behind driver and several breaks they took over 7hr journey, the flash of light came through the window woke meup. But the room temperature was comcomfortable, beds were clean, the charging electronic outlet worked well. Only complaint was the driver took rests in the isle which were next to seat B and he happened snoring that night and my friend were annoyed some hours of the journey.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
216 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Giant ibis Transport night bus

Hi, I hope this topic is still active.

I'm also thinking of taking this night bus. I was encouraged by movetocambodia review.

Any new reports about this route?

Will I miss a lot of landscape by driving through Cambodia during the night?

Thanks for replies.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
9 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Giant ibis Transport night bus

Of course you don't get to see it traveling in dark, but advantage of maximizing activity hours. If interested seeing the landscape there are many choices of bus companies. Currently the roads are under construction and takes longer Travelling hours.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,438 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Giant ibis Transport night bus

I think that the landscape you would miss alongside the road if you take the night bus will be compensated by the roadside landscape you will see while touring around Siem Reap and the temples and in general there isn't a huge amount of difference.

"Any new reports about this route? ": Movetocambodia's nice review is from March 27, 2014 so i don't think much has changed since then.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
216 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Giant ibis Transport night bus

Thank you lennybruce!

Ok, then I think I'll take that bus!

Reply to: Giant ibis Transport night bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted