We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Angkorwat and around mid october?

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Navi Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Angkorwat and around mid october?

Hi

we are planning to visit angkorvat and around places in mid oct 2014. with a 10 yr old, who is exceedingly interested in history.

want to know weather conditions, and is it advisable to visit at all during the time.

please also suggest places to visit. we plan 2 weeks

thanks

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,796 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Angkorwat and around mid october?

Hello db and welcome to TA

two weeks is a great amount of time for a visit to Cambodia - you may get some late wet weather but generally it is those late afternoon rains so typical of tropical countries.

there is lots to see for anyone interested in history

Rather than suggesting what you should do, here are my tips on how you can make the most of TA to research and plan your own trip. You may even like to include your child in this - many 10 yr olds I know are quite adept at finding information online.

There is so much to see as a newbie on TA that it can all be a bit overwhelming. Some things you should remember – members here are not travel agents – we are a community of fellow travellers who assist with information where possible. Some are locals others are members who have visited the places you are interested in. Many questions are asked & answered over and over and it gets a bit much so we tend to re-direct new members to where they can find their own information rather than simply answer the question for the millionth time. I know this may sound harsh but it’s far better in the long run if we help you make the most of this amazing website.

the best place for you to start is the top questions - upper right of this screen – and in the same place for each city forum

then have a look in the 'things to do' link in the green bar at the top - make a list of things there which interest you - handy when deciding which cities you want to try and fit in and how much time you might need in each..

then for further info on any of these things - the search box (directly above your post on this page and at the top of the list of topics on each forum front page) will be your new best friend - use this function like a google search - key words & phrases - you'll get to all previous posts on that topic

while you're using the search box - look for trip reports (aka JBRs - just back reports) - I find these the best source of info when I start to plan a trip to a new destination.

for accommodation - check out the big online sites like agoda or booking.com - make a short list and then check the review via the 'hotels' tab in the green bar at the top

for more great info check out www.canbypublications.com and www.travelfish.org.

you should also investigate Youtube - lots of travellers have posted videos of their travels

if you have more questions, work up a draft itinerary (or at least a list of things you want to see), post it here for comment - it's much easier for the regulars to help you if they have something to work from. It's a good idea too to give an indication of your budget, interests, and style of travel + anything

hope this gets you started

cheers

helen

Guisborough, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Angkorwat and around mid october?

Went early October last year to Siem Reap and the weather was very wet indeed but it didn't hinder our temple exploration at all. Be sure to take rain macs or purchase ponchos / umberella when you're there just in case. The only hindrence I can report is we didn't get a sunrise in because of the cloud coverage at the time but it's still worth heading out as early as you can to avoid the crowds at the more popular temples.

3. Re: Angkorwat and around mid october?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 05:16