We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather @ September

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
80 posts
439 reviews
Save Topic
Weather @ September

Hi everyone,

Good day to you all.

I will be in Siem Reap this coming September(early of September)

After going through most of the posting here, seems like its gonna be rainy season this September. But how bad is the weather ?

Is it gonna be bad or very bad or unpredictable?

Is it safe to visit some of the temples and monuments when its raining?

Thanks!

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,641 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather @ September

it is the end of the wet season - who can tell what it will be exactly but you should expect some rain . mostly afternoon showers.

just be prepared to be flexible with your plans

September is my favourite time to visit Cambodia - everything is green & lush and it is absolutely fine to visit the temples when its raining/been raining

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather @ September

Early September is not the end of the wet season. Late October is! Like anywhere in the world, the weather is unpredictable. It may flood. Bear in mind flooding does not directly correspond to rain. Flooding is more likely the result of water runoff and is more likely in October and November.

Edited: 19 June 2014, 17:24
Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather @ September

Hi Ragu

September is a fine time for visiting. The rains are usually characterized by sudden downpours that do not normally last more than an hour. These often occur in the evening and late at night. The temple walkways might end up slippery if wet, that is your main worry.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
80 posts
439 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather @ September

Thank you very much everyone.

Really appreciate your advice.

Can't wait to be there.

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,780 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather @ September

Hello Ragu,

For what it is worth, September is the wettest month of the year.

And it is really wet.

Best regards. Ian

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
80 posts
439 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather @ September

Does the rain normally very heavy or just some drizzle?

Came from monsoon country so I'm normal with it but just hope it won't really spoil my plans to the temples and outdoor activities much.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,333 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather @ September

Hi,

I've had good September visits and not so good ones weather wise. One of my best ever weeks in Siem Reap was a September where it rained short heavy bursts in the late afternoon and at night, most days on that visit were sunny with lots of light fluffy founds, wonderful for photography. A bit of flooding around town but nothing that was too bad in visitor terms.

Another year I had some overcast and rainy days in SR and fairly heavy rain further south, less pleasant generally. But there is very little you can do to predict the weather these days , just keep your fingers crossed. At least the countryside looks wonderful and wet temples make nice pics.

Cheers

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
80 posts
439 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather @ September

Hopefully this time the weather is on my side."finger crossed"!

9. Re: Weather @ September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 05:17