We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near pubstreet

co kerry
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
hotels near pubstreet

Hi folks.

Im looking to booking a hotel in siem reap in October. Its at the end of my honeymoon so I want somewhere nice without breaking the bank.also want to be close to everything around pubstreet.

nanette447
Level Contributor
297 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels near pubstreet

Hi Steviejo

We stayed at terasse des elephants last year, it was wonderful. Only 5 minutes from pub street and the rooms were amazing. Have a look at the website, they are very unusual! There's also a rooftop area, nice to sit late at night with a drink

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,513 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels near pubstreet

you have hundreds of choices of hotels and guesthouses within a 5 min tuk tuk/10 min walk of Pub St. If I was wanting to spend the last week of my honeymoon in SR - proximity to Pub St wouldn't be on my criteria list.

Look for boutique hotels with a pool .. Agoda will allow you to locate them on a map.

Guisborough, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels near pubstreet

Golden Temple Hotel (not villa - no pool) is where I would go to it's close enough to walk or get a short tuk tuk ride to Pub Street if you really want to go there.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,427 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels near pubstreet

as noted, there are so many to choose from. Read up on them after searching.

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
96 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels near pubstreet

Hi, thought I'd tell you where I DON"T recommend. As others have said, there are a lot of cheap, nice hotels in SR. My friend and I chose Le Meriden as the one in Angkor is about a 3rd the price of what it would cost in many other cities, and was only about 5-10 min tuk-tuk ride to Pub Street and the temples.

Unfortunately, we got what we paid for. Le Meridien is supposed to be 5-star, but the experience was more like 2 or 3. You can read about all the difficulties we had here: …yahoo.com/…

For some ideas of how to splurge without "breaking the bank", this article has a few tips: …yahoo.com/…

Boston...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels near pubstreet

I stayed at a hotel that was about a seven minute walk i say from pub street. Tuk tuk is $2 if u don't want to walk. It was only $30 a night and had a nice pool and nice staff. I dont know if you get closer for that price but i dont know how noisy pub street can get late night either. We wanted to get up early thus didnt want to be kept up at night. I liked the hotel not super fancy but clean and comfortable. Keep in mind that even if you spend a ton of money mattresses here are not the plush spring things you see in the states. Even so, we found the firm dense mattresses to be very comfortable. Also, a lot of places claim free wifi but when u get there it is often only available in the lobby or super slow. So if you need wifi to plan your next few days or anything be careful. Sonalong had good wifi and good free a/c. Breakfast was good and shower had good preassure. Only downside is they were late picking us up at airport but keep in mind a tuk tuk from airport is only $7 dollars.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels near pubstreet

We stayed at Tanei guesthouse I the VIP honeymoon suite, right beside the pool, great large room and large bathroom with a bath. The bath was full, with rosé petels floating , the bed also was covered in petals, easy walk to pub street and the night market, we loved it and will try to get the same room this August. It was about $25 per night, check it out, great value. Cheers

8. Re: hotels near pubstreet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 08:35
9. Re: hotels near pubstreet

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 18:38
10. Re: hotels near pubstreet

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 06:17