We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Akgor Wat by tuk tuk?

Malta
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Topic
Akgor Wat by tuk tuk?

Hi,

I am planning to tour the Angkor Wat and other temples. Do you suggest book a tuk tuk for a day, or just stop passing tuk tuk as you please? I think walkign the entire day by foot is way too tiring.

Thanks

Chris

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,554 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Akgor Wat by tuk tuk?

Your best bet, and what I would dare say 99% of tuk tuk using tourists do is to book a driver for the whole day. He will take you from temple to temple waiting for you to emerge and then taking you to the next temple. The easiest way to do it is to ask your lodging for a driver and they will arrange it.

malta
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Akgor Wat by tuk tuk?

Thanks alot :)

3. Re: Akgor Wat by tuk tuk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 10:05
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Akgor Wat by tuk tuk?

Only way to go.

Tuk tuks are great value and the drivers have great local knowledge which makes all of your sight seeing so much easier for first time visitors.

Best regards. Ian

Mumbai
Level Contributor
20 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Akgor Wat by tuk tuk?

I understand this is very individualistic, but would you recommend hiring a guide for the entire day as well? i ain't much into detailed history, though some basic history of the place is always good! I am an avid photographer.

Regards,

Amar

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Akgor Wat by tuk tuk?

Most hotels around Siam Reap have tuk tuk drivers associated with the hotel that offer spins/ half days or full day tours at reasonable enough price.. but if you look around forums there will be alot of great suggestions for drivers and guides!! Enjoy

Guisborough, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Akgor Wat by tuk tuk?

Amar, we did not hire a guide, just a tuk tuk and driver for our daily visits to the temples (did not book him through hotel, picked him out at the bus station upon arrival to take us to hotel then arranged our next few days with him because of his good language skills and sensible driving). I had read a lot between booking flights and arrival so was armed with enough information for US. It really does depend on how much information you want. Personally I found what I'd already read before departure and what my printed guide book had was enough.

We did have a guide for our moto visit to Beng Melea and though he was very informative, I didn't recall a lot of what he told us afterwards as there was so much to take in.

Edited: 17 July 2014, 12:48
Mumbai
Level Contributor
20 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Akgor Wat by tuk tuk?

Much thanks Barry, Kiwi dude, for the guidance! I am still reading around and I guess that's the fun of planning any trip! Will decide on the guide part once I reach I guess..

9. Re: Akgor Wat by tuk tuk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:16