We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap

Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap

Which one is better way travel from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap by bus or board?

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,956 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap

what exactly do you mean by "board"

Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap

I search Internet from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap can travel by express board a long Tonle Sap River.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap

By boat is a lot more fun

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,956 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap

oh - boat?

perhaps you could use the search box (directly above your original post) for 'boat from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap" .. there are many threads on this topic - but I would suggest you do so with safety foremost in your mind - maintenance of the boats and the provision of life jackets are not to the same standard as you would expect (and will experience) in Singapore.

The bus (providing you are on a big bus not a minibus) is safe but slow - the roads are in very bad condition and the trip now takes between 7-8 hours - as the wet season progresses it will probably take longer.

You can fly in about 45minutes and should be able to find tickets for around $100US

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
74 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap

I am travelling in about a week, and was planning to do the same route on either a Giant Ibis or Mekong Express bus. Are the roads getting very bad? The flight is a little expensive but I don't want to be stuck in a bus for 8 hours. I was told it is a 6 hours trip usually.

What would people recommend? Thanks in advance for suggestions.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,956 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap

It is currently NOT a 6hr trip and as SR has had a fair bit of rain in the last week the roads will continue to deteriorate. You might knock off some time by using a taxi (cost $60+) but it will still be an uncomfortable ride

7. Re: Travel from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 08:35
8. Re: Travel from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 05:16