We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct flights from siem reap to phuket

Sydney
Level Contributor
138 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Direct flights from siem reap to phuket

Hello can anybody tell me is there a direct flight from siem reap to phuket? We are travelling Oct 9 or 10, thank you very much for your help!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,636 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct flights from siem reap to phuket

As far as I am aware, No.

For most Thai Domestic destinations access is via BKK and mostly from DMK at that.

But I am more than ready to stand corrected on this.

Best regards. Ian

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
7,220 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct flights from siem reap to phuket

Don't think so either and have checked matrix, kayak and airasia and they show no direct flights.

Sydney
Level Contributor
138 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direct flights from siem reap to phuket

Thanks

I did check bangkok air and it said one flight no stops on my ipad but looking at same flight on my pc it said 1 stop so was confused by this. Was wondering does safari see something internet explorer cant, surely no

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
7,220 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Direct flights from siem reap to phuket

Shouldn't be any difference in flight results based on the browser or platform. I just checked specifically Bangkok Air with Firefox and Safari on laptop and all airlines on Skyscanner app on phone and all show minimum 1-stop. What was the Bangkok Air flight number you found that was allegedly direct?

Sydney
Level Contributor
138 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Direct flights from siem reap to phuket

Hi it is PG924 oct 9 and it says 'non stop'

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
7,220 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Direct flights from siem reap to phuket

For whatever reason, PG924 keeps its flight number for both segments but still has a 1 hr 20 minute layover in BKK. And according to this resource - http://kvikr.com/flight/pg924_bangkok_airways - you do change planes since the flight from SR to BKK is on an ATR 72 and the flight from BKK - Phuket is on an Airbus A320-100/200.

And if you search just BKK - Phuket you will indeed see PG924 so they also take on passengers at the BKK stop.

Edited: 10 August 2014, 11:41
Sydney
Level Contributor
138 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Direct flights from siem reap to phuket

Ok thank you very much for this info. I thought it was a direct flight so I appreciate your clarification of this.

Sydney
Level Contributor
138 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Direct flights from siem reap to phuket

Thanks

I did check bangkok air and it said one flight no stops on my ipad but looking at same flight on my pc it said 1 stop so was confused by this. Was wondering does safari see something internet explorer cant, surely no

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11,100 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Direct flights from siem reap to phuket

The term "direct flight" can actually be applied to any routing that maintains the same flight number throughout the entire course of the routing, even if the routing contains enroute stops or requires a change of airplane.

A direct flight between A & B with no-stops at all is referred to as a non-stop direct flight

Yes, I know its stupid :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,636 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Direct flights from siem reap to phuket

Many of the flights from PNH or REP to VTE are the same and they often stop at PKZ for twenty minutes or so.

Best regards. Ian