We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guides

Bozeman, Montana
Level Contributor
321 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Guides

Has anyone used the guides at Shinta Mani Club ? They have a private guides for Angkor Wat where I will be staying and I could easily book through them. It's a one day tour. Do I need two? I am a 57 year old woman traveling by myself. Let me know your thoughts

Mentioned in this post
Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat
39,664 Reviews
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Angkor Doors
Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Angkor Guide Services
Historical & Heritage Tours, Boat Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Keath Angkor Tours
Private Tours, Motorcycle Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Archaeology Tours
Kampoul Adventure Tour
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
409 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guides

Angkor Wat is a big place, a one day tour will take you to most of the important sites if you get there as early as sunrises. A guide is essential and if you book through the hotel I would say it should be pretty safe.

Which time of the year are you going? Beware of the raining season this time of the year which can be wet and slippery.

Mentioned in this post
Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat
39,664 Reviews
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Bozeman, Montana
Level Contributor
321 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guides

I will be there the first week in March. I will be coming off a two week trip to Myanmar so I thought it would be a good place to end my trip.

Mentioned in this post
Las Animas, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guides

A guide is not essential, but is certainly an option. Montanamom - in the search box at the top of the page just type in Single female traveler - you'll get loads of information as many single women go to Siem Reap. Some people use guides - some prefer to go it on their own.

Bozeman, Montana
Level Contributor
321 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guides

Thanks, very helpful. How many full days do I need in Siem Reap, 2 or 3?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
349 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Guides

I'd say 3 days is an absolute minimum

March is very hot (though not as bad as April) so pacing yourself is a must.

Edited: 19 August 2014, 22:57
Las Animas, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guides

As Helen said - three is pretty much a minimum - it really depends on your interests. Our first trip we spent 6 days, since then we spend a minimum of two weeks there pretty much annually.

7. Re: Guides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 05:16