We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

siem reap airport

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
83 posts
496 reviews
Save Topic
siem reap airport

Apart from visa is there any other document do we need to show or provide at the siem reap aiport upon arrival?

Thanks

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
328 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: siem reap airport

no

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,220 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: siem reap airport

Passport hopefully...

Queensland
Level Contributor
83 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: siem reap airport

Just your passport,and $20 US dollars.If you dont have US $ on you there is a ATM dispensing bucks in the passport area.

If U have visa,go for it.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
7,371 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: siem reap airport

I may be mistaken and things may have changed since I was there end of last year but I thought the first ATM machines were in the baggage claim area after all the immigration/visa formalities.

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: siem reap airport

From 1st October 2014, Cambodian visa is $30. Yes, you will need US $30 in cash. Immigration will change foreign currency for you but at a very bad rate.

Also a small passport sized photo.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,220 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: siem reap airport

Hi,

I'm not sure why people are discussing visa costs. If you are travelling on a Malaysian passport you don't need a visa and you won't need to pay anything, just your passport.

Cheers

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
83 posts
496 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: siem reap airport

Thanks everyone. I know visa is not needed for Malaysian. recently my friend had some bad experience in Siem Reap airport, where the Imigration officer asked her to fill up some visa/immigration clearance form which i never heard off.

She travel by Airasia and normally the flight will give the clearance form(small card) just for immigration clearance, but apart from that, the officer at imigration ask her to provide some kind of temporary form for imigration clearance and it tooks some time to go through the imigration.

Thats why im asking if there is some sort of form we needed to prepare earlier.

Never heard this before but does anyone experience this kind of thing?

Thanks.

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: siem reap airport

paulosussex. I'm English, have a house in France and have been living in Spain for 16 months now. I have a number of friends who live in Thailand and one who lives in Beijing. A location attached to an avatar is not necessarily anything to do with the person's country of origin.

Ragu88 did ask about visas in the first post.

Edited: 30 August 2014, 20:40
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,896 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: siem reap airport

Hello Rague88,

I think that there is some confusion by either yourself or your friend.

Yes, those with ASEAN passports are exempt from obtaining a visa if only staying for a relatively short stay. Those with ASEAN Visa exemption proposing to stay for a longer stay require and obtain a Tourist Visa or other visa in the normal way.

In addition to which ALL persons, regardless of visa exempt status or otherwise, are required to complete the short and simple Arrival/Departure Card and the Customs Declaration Card. Both of these cards are usually given out on inwards flights but if not they are either freely available in the airport arrivals hall or on request on arrival.

Best regards. Ian

Camp Phnom Penh

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
83 posts
496 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: siem reap airport

Thanks Ian. I guess my friend might confuse with this.

should be no problem. Will be arriving this sunday.

Thanks!