We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Computer notebook prices

Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Computer notebook prices

Just wondered if anybody has up to date information on laptops in Iquique.I am currently in La Paz where an Acer notebook is 350 dollars but have heard electronics are cheap in Chile esp here.Should I wait or are prices similar?

Puerto Varas, Chile
Level Contributor
474 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Computer notebook prices

in general, prices are lower for electronics in Chile than other south american countries,

and Iquique is less because it is a special tax zone

there are many buyers who go from Bolivia to buy all sorts of things there to re sell

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,010 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Computer notebook prices

I think the Zofri is alright for perfume, liquor, toys and tat, but I wouldn't buy a notebook there. The difference with prices in Santiago used to be much greater, but now you get better selection, guarantees and prices in a department store.

Here are some notebook prices online from a department store for you to check out:

3. Re: Computer notebook prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2012, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Iquique
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor