We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Calafate to Puerto Natales in June ?

Nantes, France
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
El Calafate to Puerto Natales in June ?

Hi everyone,

It seems that most of bus companies don't offer this service in winter. Cootra has not answered yet but I have very little hope... So do you know how to go from El Calafate to Puerto Natales ? I don't care about the mean of transport : bus, car, air... I'm listening !

Best,

Tim

3 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
33,473 posts
78 reviews
1. Re: El Calafate to Puerto Natales in June ?

Fly, via Buenos Aires and Santiago.

California
Level Contributor
3,324 posts
156 reviews
2. Re: El Calafate to Puerto Natales in June ?

Hello. In the past couple of years, Cootra was the best option for this trip between El Calafate and Puerto Natales during the summer months. Hopefully, they will answer you soon and help you.

Besides the flight option mentioned above, you can also contact this company for a private transfer from El Calafate to Puerto Natales. It’s probably pretty expensive, but their bus options are listed as ending at the end of May.

https:/…en

You could also try a taxi company like Remis Condor, but you can see that this is an expensive option.

www.remiscondorcalafate.com.ar/tarifas_en.php

Good luck.

12 posts
3. Re: El Calafate to Puerto Natales in June ?

I think the reason for this is that this is winter time in Patagonia and there are snow and ice everywhere on the roads. It could be really dangerous to drive these road, especially with a bus. You could hire a car in El Calafate or a bigger town, but note, because you are crossing over the Chile/Argentinian borders more than once, the car insurance costs a lot. And obviously you would need snow tyres and snow chains. Your best bet would be to fly to Puerto Natales.

Reply to: El Calafate to Puerto Natales in June ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Natales