We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torres Del Paine in March/April

florida
Level Contributor
114 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Torres Del Paine in March/April

If I go to TDP the last week of March will I be able to avoid the crowds and find room at the refugios without having to make reservations? Thanks.

Santiago
Level Contributor
493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Torres Del Paine in March/April

You will certainly not find the crowds, but most of the refugios will be closed...and the sailing of the pehoe lake will not be operating among others...

Hudson Valley
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Torres Del Paine in March/April

I can't remember our exact dates, but we were in TdP the end of March (we were on a three week trip, approximately the last three weeks of March). We did the circuit and while we found plenty of solitude on the backside, I still thought it was pretty crowded on the W (which means I probably would've thought it was really insane during peak). We escaped the crowds by camping a few places and getting early starts, but still saw a lot of people. When we were there all the refugios were open and finding room was not a problem.

3. Re: Torres Del Paine in March/April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 01:20