We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi

Which Puerto Natales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
usa
Level Contributor
1,979 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi

Can I just flag 1 down on the street? How easy is this? Or do I need to find a "taxi stand"?

Will they be running meters? Or a fixed rate?

Thanks

usa
Level Contributor
1,979 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Taxi

Thanks for the info peterscot, raras2u

Missouri
Level Contributor
57 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Taxi

Not sure if you still need the info.

In Puerto Natales, the taxi cost 1000 clp anywhere in town. We had our hotel call one to the restaurant and the restaurant call one for us back to the hotel. I didn't see it where you can flag one easily but that doesn't mean it's not there. The taxi service does become unavailable when the buses comes into town as they are all super busy. And leaving our restaurant at midnight, it took the taxi driver about 10 mins to get to us (we felt bad about keeping the restaurant open).

If you do have the chap come back to pick you up, my sure you can say your time in Spanish or have pen and paper ready to write down the time.

Cheers.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Taxi

How easy is it to get a taxi from the bus station? I'm coming in from El Calafate (on Turismo Zaahj) probably arriving around 2 pm. Is there a "taxi queue" at the bus station?

I am only staying for the night, and in the morning have to get back to the same bus station for my ride to Torres del Paine. I am supposed to be at the bus station by 7:30 am. Is there a way to prearrange a ride to the bus terminal from my hostel? Are taxis out and about this early in the morning in this small town?

Thanks for any tips.

:-)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Taxi

Your bus from El Calafate could be passing thru' your hostel and they can drop you off. The bus driver (another bus company from El Calafate) dropped us right in front of our hostel because we were the only passengers left after he dropped off all the daytrippers to Torres del Paine at the border. Puerto Natales is pretty small town. Who knows the bus station could be just round the corner from your hostel..

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Taxi

Thanks, bluesotong. I am looking at google earth, and it looks like it is not walking distance (bus is on one end of town and we are on the other).

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Taxi

I do hope we could be dropped off coming in. And going back to the bus station very early in the morning is something I still haven't worked out. I read that with the construction of the new bus terminal, bus drivers don't drive around town anymore. Is this true now? Again, thanks for any help/info.

17. Re: Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2015, 06:16