We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone looking for bus schedules:Punta Arenas/Puerto Natales

Level Contributor
54 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone looking for bus schedules:Punta Arenas/Puerto Natales

We were in Patagonia a few months back and had a hard time finding bus schedules to the places we wanted to go. Here are the schedules for two of them, Buses Pacheco and Buses Fernandez.

Buses Pacheco:

P. Arenas-Rio Grande: Monday-Saturday 9 Am, return Tuesday-Sunday 10 AM-$17,000

P. Arenas -Ushuaia: Tues-Thur-Sun 9 AM, return Mon-Wed-Fri 7 AM-$27,000

P. Arenas-Rio Gallegos: Mon-Wed-Fri-Sun 11:30 AM, return Mon-Tue-Thur-Sat 10 AM-$9000

P. Arenas-El Calafate: Tue-Thur-Sun 7:30 AM, return Mon-Wed-Fri 11 AM-$16,900

P. Arenas-P. Natales: Daily: 7:30-11-15-18, return daily: 7:30-10-14-18 $5000, round trip-$9000

P. Natales-Rio Gallegos: Mon and Fri 7:45 AM, return Mon and Fri 16:30 PM-$10,000

Buses Fernandez:

P. Arenas-P. Natales: daily: 8-9-13-14:30-17-18:30-19-20 $5,000

P. Natales-P. Arenas: daily: 7:15-9-10-13-14:30-17-18:30-20 $5,000

Some times could change so it's not 100% but it gives you a good idea of when they go and all prices are in Chilean Pesos.

Hope it helped and safe travels,

Abe and Autumn

www.asquaredadventures.com

Mentioned in this post
Ushuaia
Ushuaia
Province of Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
El Calafate
El Calafate
Province of Santa Cruz, Argentina
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone looking for bus schedules:Punta Arenas/Puerto Natales

I'm looking for bus schedules from Punta Arenas to El Calafate around december 26/27 2013 and return El Calafate to Punta Arenas around Jan 2/3 2014. Any ideas about where I. can find that information?

Mentioned in this post
Punta Arenas
Punta Arenas
Magallanes Region, Chile
El Calafate
El Calafate
Province of Santa Cruz, Argentina
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone looking for bus schedules:Punta Arenas/Puerto Natales

Thanks for the information. I am thinking going to Torres Del Paine as solo and hiking. Is it safe to hike solo in Chile. Can you give more information about where best to stay at national parks besides camping?

Mentioned in this post
Torres del Paine National Park
Torres del Paine...
Magallanes Region, Chile
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone looking for bus schedules:Punta Arenas/Puerto Natales

Can we book tickets after arriving there ...I mean one or two days before travelling on bus ...

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone looking for bus schedules:Punta Arenas/Puerto Natales

Thank you for the bus schedule list.

In mid-February, is it needed to buy a bus ticket from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales in advance or simply buy it in the morning that you intend to use the bus ?

Thanks

Edited: 01 November 2014, 12:12
Mentioned in this post
Punta Arenas
Punta Arenas
Magallanes Region, Chile
Puerto Natales
Puerto Natales
Magallanes Region, Chile
Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone looking for bus schedules:Punta Arenas/Puerto Natales

I'm flying to Punta Arenas in February this year.. Unfortunately the plane lands at midnight. I'm thinking to spent the night at the airport and catch an early bus to Puerto Natales from there. I understand that I'd have to contact the bus company and ask to be picked from the airport. What are your thoughts and recommendations about traveling in Patagonia?

Peter. (rfnder35@gmail.com)

Mentioned in this post
Punta Arenas
Punta Arenas
Magallanes Region, Chile
Puerto Natales
Puerto Natales
Magallanes Region, Chile
California
Level Contributor
2,999 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone looking for bus schedules:Punta Arenas/Puerto Natales

Hello, Peter. I can give you a few suggestions and links to information. I'm not sure you can just sleep at the tiny Punta Arenas airport (maybe somebody else who knows better can help you with this), but you can do what we did in November 2013. There is a great b&b about 10 minutes from the Punta Arenas airport with great hospitality called La Casa Escondida. Their website lists single occupancy at 32000 Chilean pesos (about $50 now), which is a very good deal since it includes bed and breakfast and transportation to and from the airport. Here's the link to Tripadvisor reviews, and you can also access their website through this link. When we stayed there, you needed to pay in cash, not credit card. Before you arrive in Punta Arenas, you can get enough Chilean pesos at the airport or in Santiago to pay for this b&b. Of course, you can also just try to find a cab at the airport when you land (I'm not sure how many will be waiting) and go to a hostel in Punta Arenas (about 20 minutes or so away from the airport) if you want to catch the earliest 7 A.M. Bus Sur bus (or the 7:30 P.M. Buses Pacheco bus) from downtown Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales the next morning. Anyway, here are some links to La Casa Escondida b&b, the buses that run between Punta Arenas and Puerto Natales and between Puerto Natales and Torres del Paine, and general TDP information. Good luck.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297401-d677705…

www.bussur.com/opensite/index.php…

www.bussur.com/opensite/index.php…

http://www.busespacheco.com/rutas.htm

torresdelpaine.com/ingles/…20.asp

Edited: 19 January 2015, 18:40
Mentioned in this post
Punta Arenas
Punta Arenas
Magallanes Region, Chile
Santiago
Santiago
Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
Bus Sur
Bus Sur
166 Reviews
Punta Arenas, Chile
Puerto Natales
Puerto Natales
Magallanes Region, Chile
Torres del Paine National Park
Torres del Paine...
Magallanes Region, Chile
Boston...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone looking for bus schedules:Punta Arenas/Puerto Natales

Hello,

How do buy the tickets? Can you buy when you get there or have to reserve tickets in advance? Also would we be able to take a bus directly from punta arenas airport to puerto natales?

Thank you

California
Level Contributor
2,999 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone looking for bus schedules:Punta Arenas/Puerto Natales

Hello, Max. Will you be going during the busy travel month of February? If you are, I think it would be a good idea to buy your bus ticket directly from the Bus Sur link I gave above since they advertise direct service from the Punta Arenas airport to Puerto Natales. I have read that they are charging extra money for buying these tickets online, but I would personally pay the extra money to make sure I had a bus seat directly from the airport to Puerto Natales in a busy month like February. Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Arenas
Punta Arenas
Magallanes Region, Chile
Puerto Natales
Puerto Natales
Magallanes Region, Chile
Boston...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone looking for bus schedules:Punta Arenas/Puerto Natales

Thanks Elizabeth, yes I am going this February. I also emailed Bus Fernandez at ventasparalelo53@busesfernandez.com and they had pretty good rates from PA to PN and back

California
Level Contributor
2,999 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone looking for bus schedules:Punta Arenas/Puerto Natales

Hi, Max, and thanks a lot for writing. Does this mean that you can buy a ticket on Bus Fernandez online for a trip from the airport? I just worry about the people traveling in the busy summer months and not having a seat on the bus that they want. Thanks a lot for your help.