We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direction to Lanzhou hotel

Tokyo, Japan
5 posts
Save Topic
Direction to Lanzhou hotel

Hi everyone, I am supposed to get to Lanzhou hotel from

Lanzhou Zhongchuan Airport. Could you please give some

information on convenient routes?

I would really appreciate your advices.

Newcommer.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,481 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direction to Lanzhou hotel

You do not say which hotel but in any case the Lanzhou airport is fairly far from the city. Take a taxi and have the hotel name and address written in Chinese plus the phone number.

Tokyo, Japan
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Direction to Lanzhou hotel

Thank you for your reply. Taxi is the most convenient option, but maybe the expensive way as well. How about a cheap way for a student? By the way, the hotel's name is Lanzhou.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,481 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direction to Lanzhou hotel

There may be buses as well. I was there last month but did not notice this as I was renting a car so I did not check buses. Maybe someone else knows.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Direction to Lanzhou hotel

You shall by airport bus to Lanzhou Hotel.

The airport bus fare is RMB30pp with journey time 1 hour in each hourly interval. The last bus is 19:00.

Dropped off at the Lanzhou Oriental Hotel (the first stop). By Google map, walk for 500m northbound, passed the overhead bridge will arrive the Lanzhou Hotel.

FYI.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
10,140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Direction to Lanzhou hotel

Lanzhou airport is very far from the city, even by Chinese standards. Take the airport shuttle bus mentioned by #4 above. This journey can take longer than an hour depending on traffic. I'm still fuzzy about your hotel, what is the name in Chinese (characters) and address?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Direction to Lanzhou hotel

Hi #5,

If the OP has the corrected hotel name, the Chinese name is '兰州饭店', one of the four traditional landmarks in Lanzhou.

The rest three are, the Original Library at the Lanzhou University, the Yellow River Bridge and the Lama Pagoda.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
10,140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Direction to Lanzhou hotel

#6, OP's message and response #2 is far from convincing. I've seen too many translations of hotels into English go off by a critical word or two, leaving the visitor at the wrong place. I don't think double-checking the address or the Chinese hanzi name of the place he wants to go, is an unreasonable request. I didn't ask for my benefit, but for his.

Tokyo, Japan
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Direction to Lanzhou hotel

I am sorry for providing incomplete information,

more about it are below

Name: Lanzhou hotel

Address: No. 434 Dong Gang Xi Lu, Lanzhou.

Phone: +86-931-8416321

Web: http://www.lanzhouhotel.com/

Hope to receive more helpful instructions.

Thank you for your time.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
10,140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Direction to Lanzhou hotel

Destination confirmed. Previous instructions in #4 make the most sense if you are on a budget. Lanzhou Oriental Hotel = Lanzhou Eastern Hotel for first shuttle bus stop. Just be aware that you will have a bit of a long walk and have to get over the big intersection to your hotel. If you will be carrying a lot of luggage (more than a rollaboard and a daypack), maybe just spend the money and get a taxi from the airport.

Tokyo, Japan
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Direction to Lanzhou hotel

OK, i got it. These would actually help me a lot.

Thanks again for all your kind replies.

Get answers to your questions about Lanzhou
More Lanzhou Topics