We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Travel from Guangzhou to Changsa

Liverpool, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Train Travel from Guangzhou to Changsa

Can anbody tell me the best way to book train tickets for Guangzhou to Changsa ? Is it best to book in advance on the internet or buy tickets direct from Guangzhou station ?

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,490 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Travel from Guangzhou to Changsa

The train leaves from Guangzhou South (Nan) Station not GZ Station. I haven't yet tried booking train tickets online. But you can certainly buy them at the station if it is not a very busy time. the trains go very frequently, about every 30 minutes.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Travel from Guangzhou to Changsa

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Guangzhou+to+Changsha+by+train&form=MSNSBE&mkt=en-au&pc=MDDS&qs=n&sk=&x=0&y=0

My wife has travelled a couple of time from our home in Changsha to Guangzhou and return.

She has always gone into either a travel shop or hotel in Chnaghsa and done it that way.

I am sorry we can not advise you re online.

I would personally do it face to face unless you undertsand Chinese or the site is in English.

The journey apparently is okay.

We have a place in Kai Fu which is a districct of Changsha. The train station is quite centralised really for the large City.

The previous writer is correct timewise abut every 30 minutes unless being delayed but usually a pretty good service. make sure you go to the right station from GZ for Changsha.

David make sure you have the address written in Chinese Characters where you are going and the address and name of the hotel in Chinese Characters (just in case).

Good luck

Kind regards

Albon

Edited: 27 January 2012, 02:58
3. Re: Train Travel from Guangzhou to Changsa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2013, 10:20