We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seven Star Crags anyone?

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
33,639 posts
331 reviews
Save Topic
Seven Star Crags anyone?

After 6 years, I have nearly exhausted places of interest around Guangzhou and was thinking of visiting Zhaoqing around Easter. Any tips for the easiest way to get there from either Guangzhou or Zhuhai & the highlights?

Guangzhou, China
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seven Star Crags anyone?

if your in going from guangzhou you can try taking by train at the east station, it takes around 2hours and only cost about 40RMB.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
33,639 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seven Star Crags anyone?

Thanks, Tim. It is further away than I thought - 4 hours from Zhuhai so I don't think I'll go this weekend.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
10 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seven Star Crags anyone?

Zhaoqing is one of our favourtie destinations in China. We have been there many times. If you have not been yet and require information let me know. We have been to many places around Guangzhou but have not exhausted places of interest. Where are your favourite places?

Townsville...
Level Contributor
10 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seven Star Crags anyone?

Looking for information on Yangjiang also. Any suggestions?

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
33,639 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seven Star Crags anyone?

Hi Lorraine, I am still eager to go to Zhaoqing. I've heard that a new light rail may be opening soon to ZQ from GZ South Station, which will halve the travel time from Zhuhai. What are the highlights for you there? I don't know Yang jiang though. I visited Qing Yuan a couple of weeks ago & would happily go back there one day. We hired a boat to go up the gorge to FeiLai Si.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
10 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seven Star Crags anyone?

There is so much to see in Guangdong.

Zhaoqing is a lovely city with Seven Star Crags Lake- boat ride across from city side, walk around crags or climb up mountain. Dinghu Shan about 30 mins taxi (or bus) from city is a beautiful mountain . Ink stone carvers also interesting. We stay at Dynasty Hotel. Getting a bit tired but cheap, right in centre,

We get bus or ferry from HK - about 4-5 hours. Thought Zhuhai would be much closer. I went in March and saw the building of the train line- not sure of opening date though

7. Re: Seven Star Crags anyone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 07:42