We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to go from Dongguan (Zhang Mu Tou) to Guangzhou?

Which Dongguan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
How to go from Dongguan (Zhang Mu Tou) to Guangzhou?

Hi, does anyone know how to go to Guangzhou from Dongguan (Zhang Mu Tou)?

I am aware there is a train somewhere but not sure how to find it or get there. Can anyone help me please??

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
22 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to go from Dongguan (Zhang Mu Tou) to Guangzhou?

dont worry about train time.

6:32-23:24, there are frequent train service,

so once you get to zhang mu tou station, you can get a train without times.

i dont know where you are, so take a taxi to go to zhang mu tou station.

when you take a taxi and buy train ticket, pls refer to the following words.

i think guangzhou east station is common in guangzhou.

到樟木头火车站 "to zhang mu tou train station."

我要1张,到(广州站\广州东站)的票 "i need 1 ticket, to (guangzhou sta./guangzhou east sta.)"

单程票\来回票 "one way ticket/round trip ticket"

1等座位\2等座位 "1st class/2nd class"

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to go from Dongguan (Zhang Mu Tou) to Guangzhou?

Oh wow thanks! =D The train station is the one that is near to the Hua Yuan (Garden) Hotel right?

I am coming from the big supermarket there (the one with Watson downstair, if it is still there!). Is it walkable from there?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
22 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to go from Dongguan (Zhang Mu Tou) to Guangzhou?

most trains from zhang mu tou stop at gz east station. gz garden hotel is not walking distance from the station. i think go by taxi or trains are better, and it is depend on your luggage.

(gz subway is always crowded, gz road has heavy traffic jam while morning/evening)

if you would like to stay gz east station, several hotels there (westin hotel, jianguo hotel, etc.)

if you mean zhang mu tou garden hotel near nancheng road, it is walking distance to zhang mu tou station. however i am not sure about zhang mu tou, i cannot show the way exactly.

+++to guangzhou garden hotel+++

Guangzhou East Railway Station The Garden Hotel

Distance: 8 km

By Shuttle Bus: 20 - 30 minutes

By Taxi: 20 - 30 minutes

By Metro: 20 minutes

Take Metro Line 1 at the GZ East Railway Station to the Yangji station, and then transfer to line 5 to Taojin station, Exit A.

Guangzhou Railway Station The Garden Hotel

Distance: 4 km

By Taxi: 15 minutes

By Metro: 15 minutes

Take Metro Line 5 at the GZ Railway Station to the Taojin Station and exit at Exit A.

Edited: 13 October 2012, 04:23
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to go from Dongguan (Zhang Mu Tou) to Guangzhou?

Oh in Guangzhou I will be staying at Lido Hotel. My friend recommended it to me as it is along Beijing Road. So if for Beijing Road, is Guangzhou East Station near or any other station that is nearer there?

Is it safe to take the taxi at Zhang Mu Tou? Coz I am travelling with another lady and we are not sure if it is better for us to walk there or take a cab.

Anyway, since you know Dongguan well, do you know how I can get from Zhuhai to Dongguan (Zhang Mu Tou)? Because I checked the bus services and though there are buses to Dongguan, none of them seems to stop at Zhang Mu Tou directly.... =/

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
22 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to go from Dongguan (Zhang Mu Tou) to Guangzhou?

Lido Hotel is more distanced from GZ east station, but don't worry, you can take subway line1 and GZ east station is its terminal.

The nearest station is Gong Yuan Qian(公园前),then walk to the hotel.

the hotel is on the corner Beijing Road and Danan Road. From the subway station, first you find Zhonshan Road and go west, then you'll find Beijing Road and go straight south to the hotel.

Taking a cab in Zhang Mu Tou, I think it's not so dangerous in daytime.

But don't forget to take a taxi number before getting on.

And bus from Zhuhai, it seems that there are direct bus. (I just checked chinese bulletin board, not confirmed, FYI.)

Zhuhai Gongbei Bus Terminal(珠海 拱北 巴士 站) -> Dongguan Zhangmutou Bus Ternminal(东莞 樟木头 巴士 站)is about 2hour+, price is RMB55/pax.

Departure time; 9:00, 10:00, 10:30, 10:40, 12:10, 13:45, 14:40, 15:40, 18:40

Dongguan Zhangmutou Bus Terminal is on the coner of Zhang Shen Road(樟深路)and Guan Zhang West Road(莞樟西路),1.5km north east from Zhangmutou Railway Station. (Garden hotel is beyong the station., more 500m.)

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
22 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to go from Dongguan (Zhang Mu Tou) to Guangzhou?

Ah, Gong Bei Bus Terminal of Zhuhai, is located Youyi Road, near the border.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to go from Dongguan (Zhang Mu Tou) to Guangzhou?

Oh great! Thank you so much for the info! =)

8. Re: How to go from Dongguan (Zhang Mu Tou) to Guangzhou?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2015, 00:15