We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus station in dong guan

Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
381 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
bus station in dong guan

Hi,

Is the bus station close to the train station in Dongguan? Some TA experts say it is more convenient to take the bus instead of the train?

Please advise. Thank you in advance.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus station in dong guan

Hi my neigbor,

Would you please specified which town in Dongguan?

There are 3 railway stations in Dongguan viz are Zhang Mu Tou, Changping and Shilong.

There are 39 long haul bus stations. 3 at Zhang Mu Tou, 2 at Changping and 2 at Shilong.

Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
381 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus station in dong guan

Hi

I am staying near the Hyatt at Songshan lake area if that helps.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus station in dong guan

From that hotel, the nearest railway stations (Zhang Mu Tou & Changping) are 26 KM apart.

If you let us know the destination, it could be help

Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
381 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus station in dong guan

Hi,

The Hyatt Regency Dongguan hotel is in Guangdong, Dongguan on Qinyuan Road. Hope this helps.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus station in dong guan

If you want go to the Hotel, please surf …hyatt.com/en/…transportation.html

Malaysia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: bus station in dong guan

Hi,

I need advice on how I could travel from Liao Bu in Dongguan to Shaping, Heshan, preferably direct bus if there is. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Lee

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bus station in dong guan

good day

i have read up on travelling between guangzhou (train/bus included) and DongGuan.

i will be staying in Dongchen district (32 Dongcheng Middle Rd, 东城区 Dongguan, Guangdong, China, 523129)

could anybody advise me which option will be better to get to Dongguan (shortest distance from train or bus station to dongchen district or pullman hotel in dongguan), as i will be using the taxi.

1. long distance bus from guangzhou baiyun airport

2. train from guangzhou east (to catch a train from airport south (baiyun airport) (i assume it will be either Changping also known as Dongguan station) or shilong station

with the long distance bus, is the stop in Dongguan in Dalang town?

thanks guys

Dongguan, China
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bus station in dong guan

From the airport the bus to wanjiang is the fastest way, should just take over an hour, which is about a 15minute taxi to dongcheng

Dongguan train station has moved to Shijie, it takes about 35mins by taxi to dongcheng to there

Changping and dalang are far from dongcheng.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bus station in dong guan

thanks stephenfar :).

is that the bus station that is located in wanjiang road or wanjiang district in dongguan city? -)

if i want to go to guangzhou city from dongchen district (in dongguan), is that the bus station there? thanks -)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bus station in dong guan

just got back from Dongguan.

from Guangzhou baiyun aiport to Dongguan (Dong Cheng CBD district): used the airport bus which took me directly to WANJIANG airport bus terminal (wanjiang houjilou - in pinyin). the ride cost 55 yuan.

from Wanjiang airport bus terminal to Dongchen area: used a taxi, should not be more than 35 yuan.

I was adventurous, and I also managed to find a route from wanjiang airport bus terminal to wanjiang zhong che zhan (wanjiang bus terminal), but this is not suitable if you are carrying tons of bags and/or if weather condition is bad plus if you don't speak/read chinese)

from wanjiang bus terminal, there is a K1 bus which will take you directly to the DongCheng area.

the nearest high speed train terminal (which takes you north to Guangzhou or south to Shenzhen) from Dongcheng district is at DONGGUAN TRAIN TERMINAL in SHILONG district. cost around 40-45 Yuan to get there. but be prepared for unscrupulous taxi drivers who will drive the prices up especially late at night, and I do have to bargain the price (if they refuse to use the meter).

Get answers to your questions about Dongguan