We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Had a great trip to Dongguan

Which Dongguan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
302 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Had a great trip to Dongguan

What an experience!

Stayed at an amazing hotel I cant find here on TA. The Kande on Hongfu Rd, they call it the Gate of Dongguan. Anyone have a link I can review it under?

Food was from great to not so great. Culinary star of my trip was this Turkish place called Sultan in an alley in Guangzhou. Simply amazing food! Next up was the Peking Duck and other dishes at North FountainHead. The breakfast at the hotel everyday was awesome! Never let down for variety or quality.

Didnt get to do much sight seeing, I was in a car or meetings from 9a - 10p every day.

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
511 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Had a great trip to Dongguan

Is this the one?

kandehotel.com/en/…default.asp

Seems it's in Houjie Town.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297412-d152038…

Edited: 04 May 2014, 03:41
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
302 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Had a great trip to Dongguan

It's this one: www.kandehotel.com/en/dongguan/interkande/

I can't find it on TA though.

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
511 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Had a great trip to Dongguan

That does look like a nice place.

I travel a lot in China and often review hotels and restaurants that are not already on Tripadvisor. I can tell you how to do it, even though they make it so much trouble that I sometimes just give up and forget about it if a first try is not successful. Figure it's their loss, not mine.

1. Navigate to the main Dongguan Hotels page. tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g297412-Dongguan_Guan…

2. Click on "Write a Review" on the top green banner -- all the way to the right.

3. That opens a search box and allows a hunt for the property you want to review.

4. If you property has not previously been reviewed, this search returns a message saying "No results matched your search term."

5. At the bottom of that page, you will see a message saying, "Still no luck? We may not yet list this hotel. Tell us more about it. We will look into it and e-mail you once we can accept your review."

6. Click on it and follow the instructions.

7. Someone from TA will send you an e-mail in a few days, maybe a week. (Sometimes the e-mail never comes. Or they want to lump my review of this new property together with reviews of a property with a similar name in a different part of the city.)

----------------------

Comment: I think TA should make this process easier and more user friendly. It results in 500 reviews for a popular property, where one more review doesn't really mean much, but it often prevents reviews of new properties that might be of interest to other travelers. Needs to be streamlined somehow. I realize they may make it complicated in order to prevent people from posting glowing reviews of their own hotels or restaurants.

------------------------

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Had a great trip to Dongguan

BostonBull, I am thinking of moving to Dongguan and working there for a year with friends. As you seemed to be working in the city, could you tell me a bit about what it was like?

i.e. Safety, transport, social life, standard of living etc

Edited: 21 September 2014, 18:18
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
302 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Had a great trip to Dongguan

It was great, but I was only there for 10 days. Factories in every direction as far as the eye could see. I went for runs, walked around, etc. Never felt unsafe, but also never felt as though I was invited/welcomed. Not like America.

Guangzhou was more diverse, more to do, and it seemed more geared toward westerners.

Good experience and place to visit for sure.

6. Re: Had a great trip to Dongguan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2016, 19:18