We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen and taxi in Shenzhen

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
205 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen and taxi in Shenzhen

Going to Shenzhen for an exhibition in September. Will land at Hong Kong airport in the morning. Have booked at Colours Hotel in Lixin road.

What is the best way to go to the hotel from HK airport? Private limo is expensive. I am comfortable with metro but not sure whether i can manage that in China not understanding the language.

What would be taxi costs from the hotel to the Exhibition center?

Mentioned in this post
Shenzhen
Shenzhen
Guangdong, China
20 replies to this topic
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
48 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen and taxi in Shenzhen

How about Skylimo (Shared taxi) for Shenzhen? See below URL, you can take Shenzhen both route A&B, then get off / catch a taxi at Crown Plaza Hotel or Panglin hotel. Those hotels are 1.0-1.5km away from your hotel. Shared taxi costs hkd200 only, and immigration at HK/China boarder is much smoother.

www.eebus.com/e/cmspage.asp…

Mentioned in this post
Shenzhen
Shenzhen
Guangdong, China
Panglin Hotel
Panglin Hotel
432 Reviews
Shenzhen, China
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
205 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen and taxi in Shenzhen

Much of that site is in Chinese. Are there any English sites? Can I book at the airport?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
48 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen and taxi in Shenzhen

Oh, see below. It seems online reservation didn't work. But don't worry, Reservation won't be necessary. I did catch it at Shenzhen Bay without waiting.

http://www.eebus.com/default_e.html

Transportation Services -> Cross Boarder Coach -> HKAirport - Guangdong -> Shenzhen Route A&B

Edited: 02 August 2017, 16:03
Mentioned in this post
Shenzhen Bay Park
Shenzhen Bay Park
138 Reviews
Shenzhen, China
Shenzhen
Shenzhen
Guangdong, China
Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen and taxi in Shenzhen

If you decide to take the limo then take it to Huanggang not Shenzhen Bay. You will need your hotel name and address written in Chinese as no taxi drivers speak English. Cost is about HK$150 to the border then about rmb30 for the taxi ride, so you'll need some of both.

An alternative is to take the A43 airport bus from the airport to Sheung Shui metro station and then ride the metro one stop to Lo Wu. Bus cost about HK$30 and metro about HK$20. All signs and announcements include English. Then taxi costing about rmb15 or metro from the adjacent Shenzhen Metro Station costing about rmb3. Again all signs and announcements include English. In both cases follow the signs to the taxi rank, and ignore the guys that pester you.

Metro to the Convention Center would be about rmb4 and taxi about 30. You need every place you visit written in Chinese. Google Maps is blocked in China so have another way to navigate.

Mentioned in this post
Shenzhen
Shenzhen
Guangdong, China
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
205 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen and taxi in Shenzhen

@Mikecc46, thanks for the detailed information, very helpful. By the Limo do you mean bus or special taxi? Would it cost HK$150 per person or total? Can you give me the link from where I can check the schedules and prices? Where would I get the ticket for such a limo? Seems like a good option and the taxi costs from across the border also seem reasonable. If the limo costs HK$150 for 2 persons and the bus/metro combination costs HK$50 per person, the limo still seems reasonable.

Macau, China
Level Contributor
7,011 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen and taxi in Shenzhen

If you go via land, you MUST have your PAR or HK visa ready as you need to clear HK immigration before getting on the car. If you do not have the PAR or visa, the only way you can go to Shenzhen is to take the direct ferry from Skypier.

Mentioned in this post
Shenzhen
Shenzhen
Guangdong, China
Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen and taxi in Shenzhen

The HK$150 is per person. You follow the signs to Mainland Transport below Terminal 2 and there are ticket desks there. You buy your ticket and once they have about six people they leave.

I go that way when I have heavy baggage and take the metro/bus route when I don't.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
205 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen and taxi in Shenzhen

I have done the PAR for HK as we are staying in HK for 2 nights after a few in Shenzhen. Though we will not have very large luggage, but even with a 15-20kgs bag, the limo may be more comfortable.

I will check it out. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Shenzhen
Shenzhen
Guangdong, China
shenzhen
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen and taxi in Shenzhen

It is about 15 minutes from your hotel to exhibition center by taxi. The taxi fee is about 25-30 RMB.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
205 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen and taxi in Shenzhen

Thanks for the advices / suggestions.

Reply to: Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen and taxi in Shenzhen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted