We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

living temporary in Shenzhen

Columbia, SC
1 post
Save Topic
living temporary in Shenzhen

I am an American with a real dead end job(computer programmer)

I like to live in Shenzhen temporary and get to know some expats

and perhaps some business and industry executives. Do expats

have occasional meetings there I can attend ?

How do I find a temporary furnished apartment there ?

Any other feedback is also welcomed.

Thanks

O.M.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
35,856 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: living temporary in Shenzhen

Try the website "shenzhenparty.com" or something similar!!

Shenzen
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: living temporary in Shenzhen

In Shenzhen, you can go to a Real Property Agent to find a furnished apartment.

As I know, a short period rent is a little bit more expensive then long period rent.

3. Re: living temporary in Shenzhen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2007, 07:48
Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
626 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: living temporary in Shenzhen

My daughter is teaching in Shenzhen for a year and I've found some interesting information that I've passed on to her. She probably knew it already but I'm kind of nerdy when it comes to research. Anyway, if you google "Shenzhen expat's" You will come up with several hits, including the www.shenzhenparty.com that the other poster mentioned. A great book to pick up is "Living abroad in China" by Moon publications. This book has detailed answers to all of your questions. It has a chapter on Shenzhen specifics too. I think I picked it up at amazon.

5. Re: living temporary in Shenzhen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 15:20