We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi Taipo need your help

Singapore
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hi Taipo need your help

Went to the hongkongairport.com and found two rates from HK airport to Shangri La Hotel. One is HKG130 and other HKG180. Which one should I use?

Xiamen, China
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi Taipo need your help

Take the cheaper bus by CTS that go direct to Shangrila. Eternal East cost more because they stop at many hotels including Sekou!

Singapore
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi Taipo need your help

Thanks, Taipo

How about to Four Points Sheraton. Any direct bus from HK airport? Is it better to take the bus (which bus) to Huang Guan Port then take a taxi to the hotel? Or is there a direct bus?

Xiamen, China
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi Taipo need your help

Hi pico508,

I just want to clarify: Where do you want to go? Huangguan? Lo Wu? or Lo Wu via Huangguan?

If your final destination is Lo Wu, just take the Shangrila bus, I see no reason for you to hang around in Huangguan, not to mention staying at Four Points Sheraton. Huangguan is so messy, even our company driver from China don't like to wait for our colleagues there.

Singapore
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hi Taipo need your help

Sorry, I have decided to stay in Holiday Inn Donghua

and have found out that there is an airport bus to the holiday at HKD180 per person by Eternal. Do you know whether CTS bus goes there? How much and how long does it take? I will be arriving HK at about 1715 hours. Can I buy the bus tickets when I arrive? Will it be fully booked?

Also, can you tell me from Holiday Inn is there a direct bus to Tsuen Wan - Panda Hotel.

Thanks in advance.

Xiamen, China
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hi Taipo need your help

Nanshan, ummm, interesting, knowing a formal colleage works there but never have a chance to stay there. To me, it is a nice business district, not touristy, lots of restaurants/bar at the nearby 'Sea World' square, mexico, japanese, korean...for the expatriate crowd.

1. Trans boarder bus ticket - most people just buy ticket upon arrival. Just in case you don't like the bus ride, there is a ferry from airport - Sekou at around 9 pm, takes 30 minutes, from there you can change to taxi, don't know how much, but it's a short ride.

2. Transporation back to HK - suggest you to check with hotel, they might have free shuttle bus to major port of departure.

Singapore
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hi Taipo need your help

Thanks Taipo for your advice.