We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prices shenzhen

Sydney
Level Contributor
88 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
prices shenzhen

Can someone give me a guide to the prices I should pay for dvd, watches, bags please. Or a link to a page with prices.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,679 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prices shenzhen

You pay a few bucks(if you bargain hard) and you get stuff that will break in 0 - 8 weeks, watches that don't work, DVDs that don't play.

Sawbridgeworth...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: prices shenzhen

We pay 8-10 RMB per dvd. 95% work absolutely fine. There's a good shop on Jianshe Road where you can actually pick them up and choose them, rather than flicking through a computer screen and they appear from the ceiling a while later... Music CD's tend to be about 20 each.

Bags - all depends on what you choose. Some are much better than others. Probably not much less that 150 RMB for a small ish size handbag with some sort of name on, in leather.

Watches - husband got 3 for about 550 RMB. All keep time very well (infact some better than his real Tag), water-proof etc. Have been going for 5 months plus now. Yes, a lot of stuff is crap, but there is also a lot of decent stuff there, if you tell them you want the good stuff and don't expect to get it for pennies.

But, with the watches, bags etc, do walk away if you aren't happy with the price they offer (and always go in at a quarter of what they start at). They will always come running after you if they want the sale, and if not, then you know you have hit their bottom price and can settle for that in one of the other endless bag shops you'll find.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prices shenzhen

Agreed with Burrcl in all aspects.

the computer screen is done for a reason and i am guessing Burrcl experienced that in LuoHu (LoWu from hk side)- you can see the covers if you ask but the computer is more comprehensive and up-to-date.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
222 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prices shenzhen

Prices depend a bit on quantities and time of day.

DVDs - 6RMB

Watches - 85RMB

Handbags - 125 RMB.

No issues with handbags lasting...leather is leather (ask them to test that it's leather with a cigarette lighter and check each piece carefully for flaws, stains, scratches). Watches - well you can't expect too much for the price - but if it is working after six months I think you're ahead!

For small items like jewellery and watches, watch them go in to the bag and count the pieces. We experienced some 'sleight of hand' with items being substituted for lesser quality or left out of the bags. If the items are out of your direct line of sight, pull them out of the bag and check.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: prices shenzhen

Also, check every single items they put in the bag. If you buy many and dont check, they will put some that arent working or broken.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
222 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: prices shenzhen

travelflies....yep, I fell for that. My recommendation: watch the hands go a full circuit round the watch.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: prices shenzhen

Fow and time flies. I suspect you're newbies in the game. I have watches, 8 years old, still working. And i currently buy watches (cheapies) so much cheaper than you i am not willing to say here. Anyway, i re-iterate burccl is on target.

8. Re: prices shenzhen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2011, 06:18