We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping malls/areas to buy replicas other than Lo Wu Mall?

Which Shenzhen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping malls/areas to buy replicas other than Lo Wu Mall?

Been to Shenzhen a few times and always ended up at the Lo Wu Mall close to the border for shopping of replicas, I was told once that there are other places where we could go to buy replicas even cheaper than the Lo Wu mall, obviously since Lo Wu mall is the closest to the train station, prices are on the higher side. Can anyone recommend another place?? I heard there's one a few stations away by their Metro?? not sure about it though and I can't find it online, plus I'm not in contact with the person who mentioned it to me anymore so can't ask more details.....Thanks!!!

Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping malls/areas to buy replicas other than Lo Wu Mall?

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g297415-d2…

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,052 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping malls/areas to buy replicas other than Lo Wu Mall?

Dongmen suggested above is not quite the same and you won't find much in terms of replicas there.

The price that you pay is not related to the location of the shops but rather to your bargaining skills.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping malls/areas to buy replicas other than Lo Wu Mall?

Thanks for the replies here Iyoo and Jean-Pierre, will definitely check out Dongmen area and yah I do agree that great bargaining skills will get you to the acceptable price you're willing to pay, wherever you shop...it's just that I've been to Lo Wu mall several times and sometimes they unreasonably hike up the prices to a level where you feel lazy bargaining LOL which is impossible when shopping in China, bargaining is like a way of life there!! I was hoping to go to other places with perhaps other styles/designs or more varieties of branded products and not just limit myself to what's available in Lo Wu mall.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,054 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping malls/areas to buy replicas other than Lo Wu Mall?

The metro stop for Dongmen is called Laojie - 2 stops from Luohu. Great shopping.

5. Re: Shopping malls/areas to buy replicas other than Lo Wu Mall?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 06:19