We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in shenzhen

usa
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
where to stay in shenzhen

i'll be at a meeting at the convention and exhibition center, and wondered if the Futian District is a safe place to stay for a single female. Are the streets all right to walk at night, and is the taxi system safe to hail on the road? Has anyone had a bad experience in this area?

Guilin of China
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in shenzhen

hello, futian is a nice district and it will be the center of shenzhen in the near future, it is safe for a single female, you can walk at night but not in the mid night, just keep watch your pocket. yeah you can hail the taxi on the road and it is safe. i have worked here for about one year and now i am in guilin reputed as the best landscape of china and you are welcome to guilin.

usa
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in shenzhen

thanks jade, how is the shopping in Futian vs. Lowu/ Dongmen?

I am interested in tailoring, and am unsure of where to book a hotel for best selection. People say LoWu is best for tailoring, which will be farther from convention center in Futian.

Yes, I already have scheduled Guilin into the itinerary. Thanks for the tip.

Mentioned in this post
Guilin
Guilin
Guangxi, China
Guilin of China
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in shenzhen

hello, compare luhu to futian nowadays, luwo is better and convinient than futian district, huaqiang bei of futian is nice for shopping too. near dongmen there are few nice shopping center with high quality. it is easy to find out when u are in shenzhen. you can stay in sunny hotel or shagrila hotel. you can contact me directly.

usa
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in shenzhen

Jade, thank you. Does anyone know about tailoring/ curtains ? We do not know if Luohu is best for selection of fabric, and tailors, or if there is another area in shenzhen, such as Futian, of equal selection from many similar tailoring and drapery-making businesses.

ShangriLa seems to be very very expensive. We`are looking for a large swimming pool because we swim laps daily, preferably outside.

Do you know how far it is from the ferry port from HK (is that Huanggang port?) to the convention center? Someone said that it is easy to take the ferry from HK, and that the NanHai hotel is right at the ferry dock. Is there a large selection of shopping and tailors in that area? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Luohu Hotel
Luohu Hotel
105 Reviews
Shenzhen, China
Guilin of China
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay in shenzhen

compare futian and lowu, nanshan ditrict are ( nanhai hotel lies this area) are not so many selection of tailors and curtains.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay in shenzhen

Jade, If my majority is shopping around Huaqiang Electronics Market, the Seg Building and do not want to stay far from subway. Which hotel that you recommend ?

1.Shenzhen Shanghai Hotel

2.Pavilion Hotel Shenzhen

3.Landmark Hotel Shenzhen

4.Novotel Bauhinia Shenzhen Hotel and

5.Swiss-Belhotel Suites

Any suggestion are welcome.

BigBear, Thailand

Mentioned in this post
Shanghai Hotel
Shanghai Hotel
337 Reviews
Shenzhen, China
The Pavilion Hotel
The Pavilion Hotel
442 Reviews
Shenzhen, China
Shenzhen
Shenzhen
Guangdong, China
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay in shenzhen

Hi all,

I've been to Shenzhen several times now, and so far have stayed at The Shangri-La, Century Plaza and Novotel Bauhinia.

By far the best hotel was the Novotel. Whilst it is not located as conveniently to LoWu shops as the other two, it is easily accessible by subway (which is cheap!) and the quality of the hotel is excellent. In addition, it is great value for money. It is probably 4-5 star, rooms much bigger and more modern than the other two and a lot cheaper too!

The breakfast is the biggest bargain in the world. For AU$4 per person, you can have a full hot and cold buffet breakfast.

The staff are also incredibly helpful, even though their english is limited (but it's still better than my chinese!). The staff really go out of their way to help you.

Mentioned in this post
Shenzhen
Shenzhen
Guangdong, China
Century Plaza Hotel
Century Plaza Hotel
461 Reviews
Shenzhen, China
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
68 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay in shenzhen

I give a nod to the Baihuna as well. I thought it was the best value of all the hotels I have stayed at in Shenzhen, also the coolest place. The Nanhai in Shekou was relatively luxurious, but not as centrally located and the prices seem to keep going up.

Mentioned in this post
Shenzhen
Shenzhen
Guangdong, China
Shekou
Shekou
129 Reviews
Shenzhen, China
AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to stay in shenzhen

We are planning to stay in Shenzhen in March, we are flying to HK (much cheaper than Guangdong flights from WA) then after 4 days taking the train to Shenzhen for the rest of the trip. We don't want to stay in HK on the way back. Is it possible to get straight to the HK airport from Shenzhen with all our luggage?

Mentioned in this post
Shenzhen
Shenzhen
Guangdong, China
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to stay in shenzhen

You can take the ferry in Shekou right to the airport, it is right beside the Nan Hai Hotel, usually where I stay (last 6 times). It is a 30 mins ferry ride, very convenvient, you dont have to into HK customs this way. Only condition, you need to be checked into ferry at least 3 hours prior to your flight, they will check your flight ticket and passport also. Good Luck.

Mentioned in this post
Shekou
Shekou
129 Reviews
Shenzhen, China