We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa on arrival at ferry terminal

Mumbai
Level Contributor
188 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Visa on arrival at ferry terminal

We hold indian passport and intend visitng shenzen for couple of days when we visit hong kong.

Can we take ferry om hkia and get visa at the shenzen ferry terminal? That will save us time in going into hk and them take a train to Lo Wu.

I have read conflicting views on different forums. Hence will look forward to guidance and views from anyone who has also used thisnfacility recently.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,500 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa on arrival at ferry terminal

As far as I know, there is no Shenzhen SEZ visa for Indian nationals nor available at the ferry terminal. All my Indian friends applied for a regular visa in advance.

Search: shenzhen visa indian

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?q=shenzhen+visa+indian&scope=2&ff=7681&geo=297415&returnTo=__2F__ShowForum__2D__g297415__2D__i7681__2D__Shenzhen__5F__Guangdong__2E__html

Apply for a visa for China in India before you go.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
188 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa on arrival at ferry terminal

Thanks.

Some of the websites speak of this being still available. Hence the dilemma

I had traveled wit voa to Shenzen in 2007.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,500 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa on arrival at ferry terminal

At the ferry? Not in the last 10 years from my experience. Do they say "Shekou Port"? This refers to the Shekou border at the bridge. Have entered from HKIA to SZ by ferry? This would be an ideal scenario for many of my visitors. So far they go via Huanggang.

Or for Indians? Last about 6 years all my Indian friends got their China visa in India or HK (HK residents). As you mentioned you did it in 2007, I cannot comment on this, but obviously it was available.

If you want be sure, call the immigration office at the border to get the latest information. That is what we usually do.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
188 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa on arrival at ferry terminal

Thanks. Please see this link

wikishenzhen.com/shenzhen-guides/…

Hence confused. Will look forward to guidance

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,380 posts
821 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa on arrival at ferry terminal

You source is hardly official. It is incomplete as there is no mention of the fees. There is also no mention of which nationalities qualify or not.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,500 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa on arrival at ferry terminal

And it says Shekou Port which is not the ferry port.

7. Re: Visa on arrival at ferry terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 22:56
Edited: 24 June 2014, 22:56
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,259 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa on arrival at ferry terminal

According to the ferry schedule, visa on arrival is available at Shenzhen Fuyong (airport) ferry port, but not so far as I am aware, for Indian passport holders. Shenzhen visa on arrival at Shekou ferry port is only available to foreigners holding HK or Macau ID card;

www.cksp.com.hk/eng/skypier/notice/main.html

You can check the current situation by phoning the visa office numbers quoted.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa on arrival at ferry terminal

hi I am pretty sure Indians American phillipinos and the French cant get visa at the border anyway.

but the rules are always changing so check

if your visa is sorted here is alternative

from hong kong airport you can take a bus a43 orange bus it will take 45 minutes to sheng shui station and then you get train for one stop to lu wo

I just come back and the bus was a really good option

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
170 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa on arrival at ferry terminal

Hi Pankaj,

Did you travel to Shenzhen already? If yes, how did you get your Visas done? I am traveling to Hong Kong - Shenzhen - Macau in October and I have been told that I need to apply for Chinese Visa to travel to Shenzhen from India itself. Did you do it any other way?

Thanks,

Amit