We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa situation

Dublin
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Visa situation

Hi there

I am currently working in Shenzhen on a z visa and my boyfriend is coming over for 2.5 weeks. Our itinerary plan for the 2.5weeks is as follows:

Arrival in Hong Kong airport and cross the boarder to shenzhen

1) day trip to Hong Kong and overnight in HK

1) overnight trip to Macau

fly to Bali for 6 nights returning to Hong Kong

Then back to shenzhen for a few days.

He will be applying for his visa this week. I see that the multiple tourist visa option as we will be crossing the boarder on multiple occasions (staying over 3weekends as I'm working some of the time he is here) I have heard a few reports to say it's now difficult to secure them multiple entry tourist visa from Ireland. If he only gets double entry any suggestions (obviously I can go to Macau to Hong Kong then to Bali but I'd like to break trips up) on what we could do.. I haven't see him in a few months and won't see him again till Christmas so I'm really hoping we can do all we have planned and space it out over the 2.5weeks.

Thanks a mill

Sarah

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,052 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa situation

Yes you heard right. Except for Americans, they don't give multiple entry visas to tourists any more.

Dublin
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa situation

I don't believe you, thanks for this. Not sure how we will manage so. I'm wondering! If he got a doublet entry and then a 5 day at shekou port on way back from Hong Kong and again after Macau u think that might work. This visa siutation is tricky!! Thanks a mill

Sarah

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa situation

Hi Sarah ( Sparkle ) Had to review UR itinerary a few times before understanding that perhaps HK may well be UR travel hub. May I suggest you and UR partner arrange the required tourist travel visa onward leg's into PRC while transiting in HK.??? It can be done relatively easily via your HK hotel concierge or a local office of China Travel in HK. Usually completed same day or with a perhaps express 4 hour turn around. Of course do apply for the initial PRC visa prior to departure.Any add'l required PRC visa can be done same day in HK during your transits. Hope this assists ! Cheers !!!

Dublin
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa situation

Thanks for this, and this would be the ideal situation but I work in Shenzhen china. I'll be working some of the time so I need to base myself here. Not to worry we will sort things out :) thanks a million Sarah

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
9,559 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa situation

He might be able to get a double-entry visa but almost certainly won't get a multiple-entry visa. If he can get a double, that would take care of 2 entries then he might have to get a new visa in HK when you return from Bali to take care of that last entry. Also, if the time in Shenzhen after Bali will be very brief, he could get that 5-day visa at Lo Wu crossing but it's only good for the Shenzhen Zone.

Edited: 14 August 2014, 02:21
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa situation

ZhongouTong53, your information is outdated! Same day visa is not that easy in HK anymore. At least you need to check the situation first.

Sparkle29: If you refer to Shekou ferry port, I am afraid the 5 day SEZ visa is not available there. Call the immigration and ask them if that has changed. However it is (was) available Shekou Wan port, but this will not help you for travels from Macau. It is also available at Huanggang, usually without any queues.

7. Re: Visa situation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 05:17