We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

special visa needed for Zhuhai Special Admin. Zone ?

Which Zhuhai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
13 posts
Save Topic
special visa needed for Zhuhai Special Admin. Zone ?

I am planning a trip to Zhuhai and other nearby places during Golden Week. I have a USA passport. I will arrive in HK, and next morning take the ferry to the Zhuhai port. I am applying for a multiple-entry visa for China.

Do I also need to obtain the special 3-day visa before leaving HK on the ferry, or will my regular Chinese visa be enough ?

I plan to stay about nine days visiting other places nearby, will I be able to renew the Zhuhai visa twice to cover the length of my stay ?

I am a little concerned, I had never heard of the Zhuhai visa before, and don't know how to plan for it.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,296 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: special visa needed for Zhuhai Special Admin. Zone ?

You are a little mis-informed. The Zhuhai SEZ visa is not an extra requirement. Rather it is an alternative(easier) way of entry for short term visitors. Your regular visa is enough.

Raleigh, North...
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: special visa needed for Zhuhai Special Admin. Zone ?

Very helpful information, thank you so much !

3. Re: special visa needed for Zhuhai Special Admin. Zone ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2011, 21:25
4. Re: special visa needed for Zhuhai Special Admin. Zone ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 06:15