We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Zhuhai to Dong'ao Island

bahrain
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Topic
from Zhuhai to Dong'ao Island

HI ! i want to go Dong'ao Island from Zhuhai but without book hotels or stay overnight ,,,, from 3 PM

to 7 PM ... i want name of agencys or how to go there with the just go & back package price ,,, not just me ,,, i well go with my family to there in 18 august 2014 ...

_ thank you a lot _

Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from Zhuhai to Dong'ao Island

Not going to work by public transportation. Two ferries from Zhuhai Xiangzhou Port to Dong'ao daily: 9:10 and 14:40. Two ferries from Dong'ao back to Zhuhai daily: 13:00 and 16:45. The ferry takes around an hour.

Unless rent a private cruise.

bahrain
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: from Zhuhai to Dong'ao Island

ok thanks :) but how much it well cost :P for the puplic and the private ... and i can book it online :)

Edited: 28 January 2014, 10:03
Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from Zhuhai to Dong'ao Island

One way ticket for one person is 56 RMB for public ferry.

detail.tmall.com/item.htm…

This company has their own ferry from HengQin Port to Dong'ao. 30 mins one way and 61.74 RMB for a round trip (online price). But one needs to speak to their custmor service about the details and I doubt anyone would use English. One also need a Chinese bank card to pay.

Price for private boat depends on what kind of boat. There are people rent boats around different ports. Some agency might also have the service. But do not expect them to speak English. A speadboat for 5 people for around 2 hours is about 2000 RMB (price varies)

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
35,840 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from Zhuhai to Dong'ao Island

Lyoo, I've been to Dong'ao several times and had to show my passport to the port office at Xiangzhou Port. ( I think the route enters HK water). Would foreigners be allowed to hire a private boat?

Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from Zhuhai to Dong'ao Island

One does need ID to get on the boat. Have no idea if foreigners can hire a boat. Those boats are private. I could be wrong but I don't see why not as long as one can communicate with the owner. But do need to hire a captain as well.

I don't see the issue is this complicate. The only issue is OP does not have enough time. I don't see it worth the effort to only stay on the island for a couple hours.

6. Re: from Zhuhai to Dong'ao Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 06:17