We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa on arrival

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
Visa on arrival

I see a lot of messages both on here and the internet in general about the visa situation for Sanya/Hainan. From my experience, I have flown from Hong Kong to Sanya many times by myself and acquired a visa on arrival using my British passport. The visa counter is on your right immediately before passport control.

This process takes around 10 minutes and costs 306 RMB.

There are many other countries that are able to do this (for various prices), the USA is not one of them.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa on arrival

Would you know if Canadians can also do that?

Sanya, China
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa on arrival

Hi, I just asked Sanya International Airport and they said the Landing Visa will cost 168RMB (much cheaper than British)

More detail please call the Sanya International Airport who in charge of Visa: +86-898-88289566

Best regards,

Allen from Sanya

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa on arrival

This is interesting, this seems to be what I am reading on the Hainan Government website, however when I called the airport English hotline to confirm, the woman didn't seem to understand me at all but told me that I had to get a Chinese visa ahead. Also, called airline who were no help either...

We are Canadians travelling Hong Kong to Sanya and I already booked flights and hotels.

4. Re: Visa on arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Sanya