We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Palm resort

Which Sanya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Palm resort

Hi

For my holiday i will be staying 8 days at the above resort but what I cannot find out is if it is within easy walking distance to restaurants outside of this hotel.

please can you help?

Sanya
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Palm resort

Your hotel is located in Yalong Bay, about 25 min. from Sanya city. Basically, there is nothing there but a string of very nice hotels along the beach. There are no stand-a-lone restaurants nearby, but you can walk to other hotels to dine. This is not a bad thing, as Yalong Bay is, by far, the best area in Sanya, and the food in the hotels is probably the best you will find here. Naturally, it's also the most expensive. If you're looking for budget dining, a bus or cab ride will be necessary.

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Palm resort

If I did want a nice hotel near a beach and close to restaurants where would you reccomend?

Hainan
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Palm resort

It's impossible from Golden Palm to Sanya downtown by taxi for 25minutes. At least 25-40minutes, about RMB50 is ok.

yes, there are no stand-alone restaurants in Yalong Bay. If you don't want to have dinner in Yalong Bay, you have to go to Sanya downtown by taxi.

For hotels which are near to the beach and near to Sanya downtown, I'd like to recommend Landscape Beach Resort, which is located in Dadonghai, 4* hotel. About 10minutes from hotels in Dadonghai to Sanya downtown by taxi at RMB10. Cross the lobby of Landscape Beach Resort could get the beach, very very near to the beach. AND the price is not so expensive, about RMB380-600.

Hope it helps!

Hainan
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Palm resort

Oh, sorry, it should be 35-40minutes from Golden Palm Resort to Sanya downtown.

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Palm resort

Has anyone been to this resort? what is it like?

I am still a bit unsure as I cannot find any comments on the place on any wesites.

Belgium
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden Palm resort

Yalong bay: beach, coconuts, nice hotels (but well expensive), people are OK

Don't worry.

Roland

sanya
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golden Palm resort

you are bloquer in hotel, to go restaurants in the city, there are 20 kilometers, round tripe is about 50 yuan, the restaurants near your hotel is expensive. otherwise it is better live in Dadonghai or Sanyabay.

8. Re: Golden Palm resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 01:19
Get answers to your questions about Sanya