We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in December

SanFrancisco...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
weather in December

specifically around Christmas.

Also, are there direct flights from Shanghai to Sanya?

sanya
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in December

of course there are direct line from shanghai to Sanya! December, the weather is good, like in summer

Shanghai
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in December

It will be very pleasent weather in Sanya around the X'mas, 28-32 in the day and 25-28 in the everning.

Onlything is you have to book the flight tickets and hotel as earily as possible.

Hainan
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in December

There are 4-5 flights from Shanghai to Sanya every day. There are two airports in Shanghai, one is Pudong Airport, the other one is Hongqiao Airport. There is just one flight from Hongqiao to Sanya every day. Other flights are departure from Pudong Airport.

As for weather in December, it will not so cold, once it's sunny, you still can swim from 9:00am to 16:00pm. So no need to worry about it.

Shanghai
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in December

Can anybody give me some clues about the weather in Sanya around 31th December ?

What about the water temperature ? Still enough hot to swim or neede to be born in NOrth Pole to sustain a swimming there ? ;-)

Thank you

Hainan
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in December

Weather around 31 December should be a little cold. Iin fact, in Hainan, once there is no rain and wind, it will not cold, maybe just a little cool. Wear a shirt in room is enough. For detailed weather forecast, you can take a look at: www.chinasanya.com. This website provides weather forecast.

As for water temperature, not so sure. But can sure if there is no rain and cloud, can swim in the late morning and early afternoon.

Bty, there is a constant temperature swimming pool in most hotels.

Shanghai,China
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in December

The water temperature in Sanya is always over 25,even in january when sometimes the air temperature to about 15-20.

sofia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in December

i will be in sanya on 31th of December and i am want to know,do i need a jacket at the evening,because i saw on bbc that the temperture shoud be 25/26C?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in December

It depends on whether you get cold easily, right?

Pack a light cardigan/windbreaker if you're worried.

9. Re: weather in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 00:20