We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local ground tours in Inner Mongolia

Which Hohhot hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Local ground tours in Inner Mongolia

I have looked online and there are a number of agents offering tours to the Grasslands with overnight Yurt stays but they all seem pretty expensive (no less than USD$500 for one night stay in a yurt with train travel from Beijing).

I am wondering if it's better to book these tours in Hohhot when I get there?

And can anyone recommend a local agent? I have read reviews for cnadventure which didn't sound good and another for CITS which sounded better.

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
306 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local ground tours in Inner Mongolia

Hi,

I went in October last year, and booked my day tours with a hostel, Anda guesthouse.

http://andaguesthouse.com/

I forgot how much I paid, but it was very much cheaper than the regular agents (one wanted to charge RMB10k for a grassland tour! they reasoned that Oct is super low season, and no one wants to go there. As such, I need to pay premium price!! Crazy!)

Bear in mind that Anda is no way luxurious, but it has a very personalised feel.

Dublin, California
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Local ground tours in Inner Mongolia

You can try my travel agent : Plateau Tours at plateautours@gmail.com.

I will visit Badain Jaran desert in Inner Mongolia on 6/14 or 6/15 as a side trip of my Silk Road trip from Beijing to Kashgar for a total of 2 weeks.

If you are interested in my itinerary, I will be glad to share.

3. Re: Local ground tours in Inner Mongolia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 September 2013, 15:05

Shanghai, China
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Local ground tours in Inner Mongolia

do you have a web site where I could view your tours?

huhhot
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Local ground tours in Inner Mongolia

Dear :

Inner monglia huhhot tour guide

www.tournmg.weebly.com please tell me your request.

THANKS

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Local ground tours in Inner Mongolia

to Ning Yeh, Dublin, I am planning a trip from Jun 11-16 2013 and curious to know your itinerary and approx cost (2persons traveling). Thanks, LPC1_13

Shanghai, China
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Local ground tours in Inner Mongolia

Yes! can you please post your itinerary? My family is thinking of going this spring and I would be very interested to know what are the good things to do. Thank you!

Selangor
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Local ground tours in Inner Mongolia

Hi,

I am a new user of this forum and not sure how to give you a PM ;-( --- just try my luck here

I would like some guidance from you as I will be going to Hohhot and Baotou coming 23 Aug.

best regards,

Lok

Reply to: Local ground tours in Inner Mongolia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted