We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need someone to bring me to any grassland near Hohhot

Which Hohhot hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need someone to bring me to any grassland near Hohhot

I am planning to take a side trip from Beijing to Hohhot from 27-29March. I am travelling alone and would like to visit nearby grassland, ride some horse, eat some lamb, stay in a yurt for 1 or 2 nights.. Do you have any tour guide to recommend who can bring me to/fro Hohhot airport? I am fluent in written and spoken Chinese, if that helps..

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,

Sam

5 replies to this topic
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need someone to bring me to any grassland near Hohhot

I am not sure travelling to grassland will be a good idea at this time of the year. Summer is the best season of the grassland. There is a grassland called Xilamuren near Hohhot. Maybe you can try. You'd better contact a agency first.

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,152 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need someone to bring me to any grassland near Hohhot

I was there in April two years ago and the grasslands were brown. Better to go later.

Hohhot, China
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need someone to bring me to any grassland near Hohhot

Sam,

My advice is not to hire a travel agent or tour guide, but just hire a driver to take you to whichever grasslands you want to see. If you have a Chinese drivers license it may even be better to rent a car and drive yourself. The horses will probably not be out until peak season, unless you are going to the home of someone you know in the countryside.

We'll be driving past Gegentala grasslands ourselves in the next few days and I'll try to remember to see what's available there this time of year.

You can also check out www.hohhotinfo.com to see if anyone there has recommendations for your trip.

4. Re: Need someone to bring me to any grassland near Hohhot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 14:41

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
8,375 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need someone to bring me to any grassland near Hohhot

Bad time of year to visit. I'm not sure any of the tourist yurt places (which are in a practical sense all that are available to you) are even open then. I also suggest contacting a local Hohhot agency to see what's what, before heading up there. If something is open, you can use #3's strategy of hiring a driver after you get to Hohhot. Since you have Chinese language capability, this shouldn't be too hard.

But I'd seriously reconsider your choice of destination. Your timing is just not good and it will still be very cold and windy out there.

Edited: 13 March 2014, 02:47
Reply to: Need someone to bring me to any grassland near Hohhot
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted