We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Suzhou to Shanghai Pudong Airport

Which Suzhou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle
Level Contributor
6 posts
385 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Suzhou to Shanghai Pudong Airport

I need to travel from Suzhou (Garden Hotel) to Pudong to catch a 12.25 pm flight to Hong Kong on a Friday.

I am having a great deal of trouble in working out the logistics of this transfer and would appreciate any suggestions.

The options seem to be:

1. Get a private car transfer, which should take 1 hour 45 minutes. But from whom and at what cost?

2. Catch an hourly bus from the the CEAG (China Eastern Airlines Group) ticket office (No.115, Ganjiang West Rd) to Hongqiao Airport, and then a connecting shuttle bus to Pudong. I can't ascertain how long it might take (3 hours, perhaps), but it seems that shuttles travel between the 2 airports every 10 minutes from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm.

Any clarifying information or alternative options would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation!

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Suzhou to Shanghai Pudong Airport

How about take G-train from suzhou railway station to shanghai railway station, it's about half an hour, and then take metro line1 to people square(3 stops), then transfer to metro line 2 to longyang road(7 stops), there u can take the meglev train to pudong international airport(about 8 minutes), or go to the opposite side of the platform to take the metro to the airport.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Suzhou to Shanghai Pudong Airport

Lilian's is one approach. A modification to this is to take the train from Suzhou to Hongqiao, not Shanghai, Railway Station. Catch the Line 2 train and take it all the way to Pudong, a 100-minute ride. Total time, around 2 -2 1/2 hours. Overall this approach costs very little, 38 plus 8 or just 46 yuan, a real bargain.

Your private car is going to be around ten times the above train route. Quicker and no transfers.

Another route would be a combination. Take the train, 32 minutes, from Suzhou to Shanghai Railway Station, and then a taxi for around 175-200 yuan, or a total cost of 238 yuan and quicker than the private car.

There are many other permutations on these two themes, including the train plus airport buses.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
6 posts
385 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Suzhou to Shanghai Pudong Airport

Hi Lillian

Thanks for this suggestion. I should have indicated that I was looking for a transfer with as few changes as possible, given the imposition of luggage.

But thanks anyway. I appreciate you taking the trouble to reply.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
6 posts
385 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Suzhou to Shanghai Pudong Airport

Hi Sparky

Thanks for your assistance.

Could you please clarify: Do I catch the line 2 train from Suzhou or from Hongqiao? And does the train go to the international airport?

I am looking for the most straightforward route, with as few changes as possible.

Perhaps a train and then an airport bus? Do you know if the train from Suzhou to Hongqqiao connects directly with a bus to Pudong airport, or woulld I need to catch a bus from the train station to the airport at Hongqiao to connect with the airport shuttle to Pudong?

Thanks again.

Hildesheim, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Suzhou to Shanghai Pudong Airport

Hi,

Can we take the metro from people square directly to pudong international airport?

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
544 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Suzhou to Shanghai Pudong Airport

With luggage, I suggest you to take an airport bus upon arrival at Hongqiao to get to Pudong airport, and not bother with a Metro Line 2 and maglev transfer.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g308272-i2804-k229…

Hongqiao railway station is attached to Hongqiao airport.

suzhou
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer from Suzhou to Shanghai Pudong Airport

Our company has abundant vehicle resource(all kinds of sedans, minibuses and coaches)

with high reputation in shanghai & suzhou car rental market. Our service scope includes airport pick-up and drop-off, intercity transfer, tour package, English-speaking guide, car roadshow and car leasing for enterprises, government, social units and individuals.

Welcome to Email us your needs at any time.

Airport Transfer Service

Suzhou =-= Shanghai Hongqiao Airport

Buick Lacrosse/Passat 350RMB Buick Business 7seats 600RMB

Suzhou =-= Shanghai Pudong Airport

Buick Lacrosse/Passat 450RMB Buick Business 7seats 700RMB

Suzhou =-= Wuxi Airport

Buick LaCrosse/Passat 250RMB Buick Business 7seats 450RMB

Day Trip in Suzhou

Buick Lacrosse/Passat 500RMB/8HOURS/100KM Buick Business 7seats 650RMB/8HOURS/100KM

Location Transfers

Suzhou -- Shanghai downtown, Wuxi, Kunshan, Jiangyin, Taicang, Nanjing, Nantong, Changzhou etc.

Please email or call us to get the competitive quotation to the above locations.

Above Rates include driver, fuel, road toll, bridge toll, parking fees and insurance.

Invoices can be provided upon requests.

Please confirm the rates with our staff if the service should be renedered during 22:00~06:00 and you have additional requirements.

E-mail:suzhoutransfers@fastservice.com

suzhou
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer from Suzhou to Shanghai Pudong Airport

yes, taxi to suzhou trainstation, then hongqiao, then train 2 to putong. it's quick, but if you have a lot of luggage, it's tiring.

so I suggest to take the bus which goes between suzhou and pudong international airport. It will take you about 2.5 hours. you can get the bus ticket and get on the bus at western side of YUANRONG times plaza in SIP.

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer from Suzhou to Shanghai Pudong Airport

You can take the bus from Suzhou to Pudong. The bus stops at Hongqiao for a few minutes then continues on to Pudong. I have taken the bus before and it always arrived in Pudong in less than 3 hours.

10. Re: Transfer from Suzhou to Shanghai Pudong Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2014, 06:15