We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel around Dalian

Which Dalian hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yantai
Level Contributor
66 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Travel around Dalian

I am staying at the Tongbao hotel near North Dalian station. Is there convenient transport there to the central city area? Is there a regular train or light rail service around here. Thanks for you help!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel around Dalian

Here is the transportation hub area.

At the northern, there is bus terminus to Port Arthur with 2 hours ride.

At the eastern, there is light rail terminus.

At the south, just cross one block from the South Square, there are local bus terminus and the tram's mid-section station. By tram to eastern or western, it cost RMB1pp. However, pass this station, it cost RMB2pp even for 2-stations.

You shall walk for 2KM eastbound to the Russia Architecture Group.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,224 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel around Dalian

Hi,

The light railway travels through the industrial zone and beyond to where many locals go for a dip in the sea. Do take a look at this link:

http://www.subways.net/china/dalian.htm

Edited: 25 September 2013, 17:38
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,840 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel around Dalian

"...where many locals go for a dip in the sea..."

Yes, many!

chinadaily.com.cn/china/2009-07/20/content_8…

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,224 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel around Dalian

I like it JP, luckily the day I went there was fairly quite !

Yantai
Level Contributor
66 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel around Dalian

Thanks for the good advice. Would these services be close to Yaobei road? I guess public transport will be packed in Dalian next week. Would someone know how much a taxi fare would be for a 14 km journey? I'm asking as I heard the light rail closes at 8:00pm.

Yantai
Level Contributor
66 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel around Dalian

I'm back from staying at the Tongbao Hotel and it is a lovely place, but transportation is an issue. There are a couple of crowded, slow buses and the train from Dalian North only goes to Dalian at night! The best solution is to take the 518 bus to the charming Houyan village then take the light rail to the city center at Dalian Railway station. A taxi ride to Houyan is also a good connection to the train.

7. Re: Travel around Dalian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 14:16