We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hair coloring in Shandong province/ Jinan/Liaocheng?

Mukilteo, Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Hair coloring in Shandong province/ Jinan/Liaocheng?

My wife is teaching in Liaocheng for a year, and would VERY much like to find a hair color expert who will do a good job on her red hair. We can probably get the products her US stylist uses and ship them to her, but we need to find someone there who really understands how to work with her hair. So far, in Liaocheng, she has not been able to find anyone she trusts. A plus is if the stylist speaks some English. She'd be willing to go to Jinan if necessary. Any ideas or experiences?

2 replies to this topic
Jinan, China
1 post
1. Re: Hair coloring in Shandong province/ Jinan/Liaocheng?

A local place in Tianqiao by the R.T. Mart here has done well with my strawberry blonde hair and my friend's blond hair. I have brought box coloring with me. It cost just 80 rmb.

Mukilteo, Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Hair coloring in Shandong province/ Jinan/Liaocheng?

Thanks, Susan K! I'll pass that on to my wife. I was able to get the professional L'Oreal items that her colorist at home uses and send to her, and that has worked OK with the help of another teacher. The real score, though was when I visited over Chinese New Year, we went to Qingdao and an American ex-pat we met up with there put her onto a British fellow who does excellent work. She's been back to see him once again since then for coloring; first try wasn't what she wanted, but the next day he re-did it and it looks good in the pictures I have. We discovered that Qingdao has many of the things (food items especially, but many other things--like inkjet photo paper and various household/kitchen items) that she was missing and just couldn't find in Liaocheng.

Reply to: Hair coloring in Shandong province/ Jinan/Liaocheng?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jinan