We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with itinerary please!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
Help with itinerary please!

Hello,

This December, we will flying into Jinan at around 4 pm. Plan to spend no more than 3 night visiting Qufu and Taishang and maybe 1-2 sites in Jinan City if time permits.

Plan to take train to Qingdao afterward. Is there a high speed train from Qungdao or we have to take it from Jinan?

Please help with planing itinerary:

Do you recomend us to stay in Jinan as a base?

1. Visit Qufu as a day trip by train

2. Do day trip by taking the high speed train with a "D" to Tai'An to visit Mt. Tai

Or after we land in Jinan then take the airport express shuttle to Tai'an. Stay overnight in Tai'an and visit Mt Tai the next day. Take the train D back to Jinan the same day?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Foggy

5 replies to this topic
China
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
1. Re: Help with itinerary please!

D train is the best way from Jinan to Qingdao. It takes only less than 2.5 hours.

If you decide to stay in Jinan as a base, at Jinan General Bus Station, there are many buses to Qufu. It takes 2.5-3 hours to arrive.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Help with itinerary please!

Thanks for the information to visit Qufu by D train.

We are thinking of staying in Tai'An for two nights then return to Jinan for an overnight stay and visit Qufu as a day trip.

At the end of the Qufu day trip catch a late high speed train to Qingdao fr Jinan. Will that be workable for physically able adults? Or that will be too rush?

Foggycity

San Francisco
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Help with itinerary please!

Oops! I made a mistake in the above writing. I was going to say the D train to Qingdao Instead. Sorry about that!

Foggycity

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Help with itinerary please!

Hi I am in Jinana at the moment and have been here 3 weeks for work, i would NOT reccommend using it as a base...nothing to see here....its highly polluted and the smog will get worse with winter, you will need one of those surgical maks, very noisy and very very crowed especially public transport early mornings they are crammed on buses like sardines in a can, i went to Qingdao on the fast train, bit of a hassel to get tickets as you need to go over to other building ...line up...in long line...and purchace ticket then over to other building...go through a gate where you show your ticket then through security screening then finall when your train comes...board and yes show your ticket again, nothing nice to see out the windows going there so no need to argue over who gets the window seat...Qingdao was ok a lot nicer than Jinan, if I had my way i would never come here there are heaps of beautiful places to go in China...sorry if nothing much good to say bit seriusoly nothing much good to say!!! lol

Edited: 01 October 2016, 10:39
Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
977 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Help with itinerary please!

I have been Jinan many times, I prefer Qingdao. You can take fast train or longterm bus to Jinan.

Reply to: Help with itinerary please!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jinan