We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights in Qingdao - what are the best things to do?

Which Qingdao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
837 reviews
Save Topic
3 nights in Qingdao - what are the best things to do?

We are coming to Qingdao on Saturday and are staying 3 nights.

What do you suggest we do and see while we are there?

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
889 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 nights in Qingdao - what are the best things to do?

Watch this post.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297458-i9373-k301…

Qingdao, China
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 nights in Qingdao - what are the best things to do?

If you want to see some nice sights in Qingdao, check out this blog post: http://www.myredstar.com/qingdaos-best-views/

Doncaster, England...
Level Contributor
43 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 nights in Qingdao - what are the best things to do?

I really would recommend the Beijiushui waterfall area for one day if you can - if the weather is nice. It's like entering another world after the urban scene of Qingdao. Get a Chinese driver who can negotiate guides, entrance etc.- unless you speak Chinese I think it would be a hassle by bus.

Qingdao is an excellent city and I can't wait to return. If you like lively bars, the best ones are in the Yanerdao Rd area to the east of the city. I recommend sslpg sports bar.

Always carry your hotel card with a map on it as the taxi drivers, understandably, don't know everywhere, and few speak English. Taxi drivers are fair, use the meter and don't expect a tip. Prices rarely top Y30, and are usually more like Y15 - but it is a bigger city than you might expect!

If you are coming from the airport, it is about Y120, and they will add the toll of the motorway, about Y10 a very fair price considering the distance.

Have a great time!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 nights in Qingdao - what are the best things to do?

Day 1. Qingdao Seashore Scenic Area

Many sites are located along the Qingdao seashore, including: Badaguan Scenic Area, Qingdao Number One Beach, 54 Square, Zhan Bridge, etc.

Day 2. Mt. Laoshan

Laoshan is a famous Taoist mountain in China. It's about 40 kilometers away from the city center.

Day 3. Shopping, Eating, etc.

Eat some sea food, do some shopping, drink some Tshingtao beer.

Taidong Business District, Jimo Road Market, Zhongshan Road, Pichai Yuan, etc.

Edited: 21 May 2013, 02:37
Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
837 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 nights in Qingdao - what are the best things to do?

Thanks to everyone for your advice. It all helped to make for a very enjoyable stay. It is 3 weeks since we were there and we are now back in Europe but we have been telling people what a good time we had in Qingdao

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
889 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 nights in Qingdao - what are the best things to do?

Thanks OP. If you have time, please summarize your tirp/plan and post it here.

7. Re: 3 nights in Qingdao - what are the best things to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2014, 05:16