We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please recommend Chengdu guide for 2 days/ payment method ?

Orange, California
Level Contributor
254 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Please recommend Chengdu guide for 2 days/ payment method ?

We will be flying to Chengdu for a short 2 night trip. We would like an English speaking guide to meet us at the airport, take us to a hotel, then spend the next day with us visiting the Pandas at the breeding center, visiting Jinli Old street in the afternoon. We would also like to go to a Sichuan opera that evening. We would need to return to the airport the following morning. Can someone recommend an English speaking guide and how to contact them.

I have communicated with Simon at China Odyssey Tours but recently read some bad reviews of this company from people who felt ripped off (though not necessarily in Chengdu).

Also, was a deposit required before hand ? China Odyssey said we would have to fax authorization letter for credit card or wire money. Is this normal in China?

1. Re: Please recommend Chengdu guide for 2 days/ payment method ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2010, 12:00
Shanghai
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please recommend Chengdu guide for 2 days/ payment method ?

Hi,

May be you can contact Lisa (+13881854316) for help, a friend whom we know when we traveled in Chengdu, very helpful.

Though we have never book the tour from Odyssey Tour, as we know, most of tour angent will charge a deposit before the departure, and it is normal to fill in a authorization letter if you pay by the credit card, cos so did we when we book the tour with TravelSichuanGuide.

Ferrara, Italy
Level Contributor
334 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please recommend Chengdu guide for 2 days/ payment method ?

Have you seen this earlier thread?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297463-i8702-k3…

We did not have to pay a deposit. Julie's rates are very reasonable.

Orange, California
Level Contributor
254 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please recommend Chengdu guide for 2 days/ payment method ?

Yes, I emailed her but haven't heard back. I just sent a 2nd email as well. I am also in touch with someone named Angel that is very helpful that works at a car rental agency (NO...we would not be driving our own car -I'd be scared to death)

Los Angeles...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please recommend Chengdu guide for 2 days/ payment method ?

Hi,

May be you can contact Danny for help.

Danny Mao was our tour guide when we traveled in Chengdu. He gave us digestible chunks of the history of Chengdu, always in context; addressed any problems calmly. He was proud of his country, and appeared pleased to help us understand it a bit more. He'd also be able to advice on all aspects of the trip and places to go in free time.

You can email him at mofeisadventure@hotmail.com or you can find him on Facebook under Danny Mao. His phone numbers are 86-18628063820 and 86-13982058276.

6. Re: Please recommend Chengdu guide for 2 days/ payment method ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2012, 04:23