We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Chengdu to Dazu Carvings

1 post
Save Topic
Travel from Chengdu to Dazu Carvings

Myself and my boyfriend are visiting Chengdu shortly. We are wanting to travel to see the Dazu carvings but we only have 1 day and need to be back in Chengdu that night.

What is the best way to make this trip? Is there a combination of busses or trains that we need to take via Chongqing?

Is there anybody in Chengdu with transport that would be willing to visit the area with us?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Chengdu to Dazu Carvings

Chongqing is closer to Dazu,why not go to Chongqing for you connecting transfer there. It is 240km and it takes about 4 hours from Chengdu to Dazu by bus,morever,Dazu Stone Carvings is 16 km away from Dazu County.So you are probably in a rush if you choose to do the day trip to Dazu Stone Carvings from Chengdu.

The private car to Dazu wouldn't be cheap.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Chengdu to Dazu Carvings

Agreed with#1.

I was there in 2011.01. My itinerary/record is;

1) Chongqing- Dazu by bus at Chen Jia Ping bus station. Travelling time: 2 Hours with @RMB47.

2) Dazu bus station- Ji Shi Qiao by local bus#1/#3 with @RMB1

3) Ji Shi Qiao- Bao Ding Shan Stone Carvings by minivan to. Travelling time: 20 min with @RMB3.

4) Bao Ding Shan Stone Carvings- Ji Shi Qiao by minivan. Travelling time: 20 min with @RMB3.

5) Ji Shi Qiao- Stadium by local bus#1/#2/#3/#4 with @RMB1

6) Stadium- Bai Shan Stone Carvings on foot (uphill) for 15 min.

7) Stadium- Dazu bus station by local bus#1/#3 with @RMB1.

8) Dazu- Chongqing by bus. Travelling time: 2 Hours with @RMB49!!!.

An alternate way is:

1) Chengdu East Station- Yong Chuan by night train (#K139/K141/K144). It departs at 21:41 and will arrive at 04:07.

2) Yong Chuan- Dazu by the earliest bus at 07:00, 08:00 with @RMB21 (60KM).

3) Dazu- Chongqing by bus. Travelling time: 2 Hours with @RMB49.

4) Chen Jia Ping bus station- Chongqing North Railway station by taxi.

5) Chongqing- Chengdu by D-train.

3. Re: Travel from Chengdu to Dazu Carvings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2014, 06:17