We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mount qingcheng

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Mount qingcheng

Hi I'm travelling to chengdu at the end of may and wanting to do a day trip to mount qingcheng and was wanting some general info on best way to get there, how long it takes to climb and if the cable car is working, also some points of interest..your comments would be much appreciated..

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mount qingcheng

You shall have a day trip to Qingchengshan+ Dujiangyan.

I’ll suggest the sequence order is Chengdu- Qingchengshan- Dujiangyan- Chengdu because;

1) Most of tourist group arrange as Chengdu- Dujiangyan- Qingchengshan- Chengdu, thus my suggestion will less crowed.

2) At the morning, it is more dynamic on hiking.

Transportation:

You can by D-train or bus. I prefer D-train because it won’t experience congestion especially at the weekend and holidays.

Admission fee:

The package (Qingchengshan+ Dujiangyan.) is RMB160pp while the separate is RMB90+ RMB90pp. I suggest get the package. Bear in mind that, don’t split the package before entrance.

Itinerary:

1. Chengdu North- Qingchengshan railway station: by D-train#D6103 (07:30~08:06). Train fare RMB15pp

2. Qingchengshan railway station- Qingchengshan: by bus#101, bus fare RMB1.5pp. Travelling time 20min.

3. By rope boat (RMB10pp) or walk along the plank road then by ropeway (RMB65pp) to the upper cable car station. Arriiving at 09:30.

4. Walk for 30min to the summit and walk around

5. Downhill and arriving the main entrance before 13:20.

6. Qingchengshan- Dujiangyan main entrance: by bus#101A, bus fare RMB2.5pp. Travelling time 30min.

7. Lunch break.

8. Visit Dujiangyan (15:00~17:00)

9. Dujiangyan- Dujiangyan railway station: by bus#4, bus fare RMB2pp. Travelling time 15min.

10. Dujiangyan railway station- Chengdu North railway station

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mount qingcheng

Thank you very much for your reply, the info you provided will help a lot. I haven't decided wether to miss the dujiangyan irrigation system and spend some time exploring the back of the mountain as I've heard it's beautiful..I suppose il wait until I get there and decide..thanks again:)

Malaysia
Level Contributor
587 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mount qingcheng

Hi chinaloveland,

I will only be arriving at the main Chengdu train station at 8.30-9am, and wish to go out to Mt Qingcheng + DuJiangyang on the same day. May you please advise the schedule/ frequency of the train to Mt. Qingcheng & DJY at a later time, instead of the 7.30am trip?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mount qingcheng

Hi dtanel,

As you'll arrive Chengdu Main at 08:30~09:00and wish to go out to Mt Qingcheng + DuJiangyang on the same day, Your picks are #D6105 (08:33/09:23), #D6107 (09:03/09:53) and #D6109 (09:31/10:21). Next of 09:31 is #D6111(11:52/12:24).

The earliest 3 schedules are 07:01, 07:30 and 08:33. The reason I suggest the 07:30 train because it is hard to get the 07:01 train due to no public transportation before 06:30 in Chengdu.

FYI.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
587 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mount qingcheng

Now seems like I have to get to the hotel to drop off my luggage before I can leave for DuJiangyan+ Qingchengshan.

1. With the tentative time to leave for QCS station is at 10am, seems like my only option to get there is only via bus. Please confirm this, and what time is the bus (timetable/ schedule) from Xinanmen. Or can you also advise me the schedule for the D train for the whole day?

2. With only 10am leaving for QCS and still hopeful to cover these 2 attractions within the same day, please may you enlighten me how to do best plan my day to do so.

3. Please advise the closing time of these 2 sites.

4. I understand that DuJiangYan is a city of its own, so after the closing of DJY Scenic area, can I walk around in the city then or is it closed to by then?

5. And what time is the last D-train and bus back to Chengdu?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mount qingcheng

Hi dtanel,

Re post#5, from Chengdu to QCS and DJY in different bus stations.

Chengdu- QCS: at Xinanmen bus station, 08:40~12:00.

Chengdu- DJY: at Chadianzi bus station, freq bus @10min interval.

For train schedule, please surf http://www.cnvol.com/.

I’m no idea DJY and QCS closing time.

Bus journey time from DJY scenic area to the city around 15min, thus I expected the distance is 4KM.

Sorry, I can’t plan a day trip to cover these 2 places at this tight frame.

Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mount qingcheng

Hi chinaloveland

How can I travel from QingChengsan back to Chengdu?

Please advise.

Thank You.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mount qingcheng

Hi Sam,

Don't worry. There are freq bus/van from Mount qingcheng to Chengdu.

The last G-train departure at 21:07.

Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mount qingcheng

Hi chinaloveland

How can I travel from Qingchengsan to Qingchengsan railway station?

From Qingchengsan railway station, I should take the D train back to Chengdu?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mount qingcheng

Hi Sam,

Please read post#1, paragraph 'itinerary-2'.