We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chengdu 10 and half days itenary

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
19 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Chengdu 10 and half days itenary

Hi. I would be arriving Chengdu mid of September on a Thursday night and will be leavning on Sunday evening which leaves we 10 and half days in Chengdu. The places I wanna go include Emei Shan, Le Shan, Jiu Zhai Gou, Huang Long, Touring around Chengdu. Am not sure which is the best method. to combine all. planning to take bus to jiuzhai gou if possible due to budget constraints. I think I have extra days. would like to ask if it is possible to go to Huang Shan ? or if not which place should I go? chong qing? and another question, which is the best traditional town to go. I see from the forum there are many ancient towns to visit.

Windhorse Tour
Sightseeing Tours
Extravagant Yak Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
TravelChinaGuide-Day Tour
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Panda Explore
Sightseeing Tours
Hangzhou, Zhejiang...
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chengdu 10 and half days itenary

Day 1 arrival

Day 2 Chengdu city tour

Day 3 Leshan Budda tour

Day 4 Emeishan tour

Day 5 Emeishan tour

Day 6 Emeishan Tour

Day 7 Chengdu tour

Day 8 Jiuzhaigou tour

Day 9 Jiuzhaigou tour Huanglong Tour

Day 10 Jiuzhaigou tour back to Chengdu

Day 11 Departure

Just for your reference.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chengdu 10 and half days itenary

It is impossible to do the Yellow Mountain(Huangshan)while you are in Chengdu unless you don't mind the expensive air tix.You can do a side trip to the Yellow Mountain while you are in Hangzhou or Shanghai.

Day 1 arrive into Chengdu and transfer to hotel for rest (suppose you fly to Chengdu with Airasia)

spend overnight in Chengdu

Day 2 Huanglongxi Old Town+Leshan Giant Buddha and transfer to Mount Emei for overnight

Day 3 Day tour of summit of Mount Emei and spend overnight there

Day 4 Day tour of the middle waiste of Mount Emei and spend overnight at the foot of mountain

Day 5 catch coach to Chongqing,and visit Ciqikou Old Town.

Spend overnight in Chongqing

Day 6 fly to Jiuzhaigou Airport and transfer to hotel.spend overnight in Jiuzhaigou

Day 7 day tour of Jiuzhai Valley National Park.spend overnight in Jiuzhaigou

Day 8 transfer to Huanglong,and spend a few hours there.Then go to Songpan for overnight

Day 9 catch long distance coach back to Chengdu.spend overnight in Chengdu

Day 10 Panda Base+Chengdu city tour,and watch Sichuan Opera at night

Day 11free time and fly out of Chengdu in the evening

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chengdu 10 and half days itenary

A couple of tips for you

Buy bottled water never drink tap water.

buy several packets of paper tissues from street vendors as many places do not provide toilet paper or paper napkins.

use credit cards and bank cards in china at ATM's you get a better rate in China.

Take a small amount of rmb say 750 to start and then change in china.

Have a card written in Chinese characters with the names and addresses of the hotels . have one for each person in your group. Keep it on you all the time.

Take a photocopy of your passports and keep them in your suitcase. just in case you lose yours. Have the phone number of your country's embassy.

Keep a list of the numbers of your credit cards etc. just in case

let your bank know your departure date and your return home dates.

Use shopping mall and hotel toilets where you can and try and avoid SQUAT toilets.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
19 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chengdu 10 and half days itenary

Hi. can i go to leshan for bout half day. then go to emei shan. perhaps overnight one night at emei, then go back to chnegdu for the following day. by the way, wanna ask also , how do i go about it myself to take a bus from leshan to emei? then from emei, i tend to take the cable car up then down. is there any specific way?

Kuala Lumpur...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Chengdu 10 and half days itenary

i just return from chengdu.

for yr latest question,

Yes, your itenerary is possible. After Leshan, which only need about 2-3 hours, you can go the Emei. FYI, the admission ticket for Emeishan is 180RMB, which in my opinion is expensive considering the plain view at the bottom. The main highlight i feel is the top JinDing peak. Depends on yr choice, you may take bus straight up to Leidonping and take cable car up.

Find Emeishan map you will know what I'm talking about. There is no up and down with cable car (not from the bottom up till the summit), only certain part has cable car.

pls take note, that day when i left the summit at 3pm, it's really foggy, can't even see the Kuanyin Statue. So you may consider another night at Emei for fully utilising yr admission ticket.

you can take bus to Emei by the same bus station you arrived(if you take the bus to Leshan). From there you can buy "Emei/Baoguo " bus ticket which take you directly to Baoguo village.

PS. there is also a bus ticket to "Emei" which takes you to Emei town.

6. Re: Chengdu 10 and half days itenary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 05:16