We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private driver?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
159 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Private driver?

I am looking to hire an English speaking driver for one day in April to take us to the Pandas and the Leshan Buddha. I have emailed with a few of the ones I have seen mentioned here but have not had success. Can you folks recommend someone? Thanks!

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Private driver?

It's hard to find a English speaking guide in Chengdu. Try to find a English guide that can drive. If not, trying to contact a local agent.

Mentioned in this post
Chengdu
Chengdu
Sichuan, China
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Private driver?

I think it is hard to find an English driver in Chengdu. You may use an online agent to rent a car and hire a English-speaking tour guide.

Mentioned in this post
Chengdu
Chengdu
Sichuan, China
Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private driver?

#1 Should say:It is hard to find " an " English-speaking driver-guide,but it is easy to find a normal English-speaking guide.It is nice to hire an English-speaking driver-guide if only one or two persons travel together.

4. Re: Private driver?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 June 2014, 04:05
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
488 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private driver?

Through TA, I have booked an english speaking guide (refer below TA link) and he has arranged a driver for us as well. Extra cost but meh, Im spending $$$ to get to Chengdu so whats a little bit more to be comfortable and safe.

We meet him/arrive Chengdu early April. Hope you have a good time in Chengdu.

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g297463…

Mentioned in this post
Chengdu
Chengdu
Sichuan, China
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
159 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private driver?

Thanks @Denali68. I have been in contact with Haba but he is only able to supply a Chinese speaking driver. For a full day with lots of stuff I am just not comfortable with a driver we cannot easily communicate with.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
488 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private driver?

^^ We have booked Haba and a driver but I totally understand if its just a driver/non english speaking.

Good luck!

8. Re: Private driver?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Private driver?

have not logged in TA for a long time, yes, you can hire English-driver & guide in Chengdu through some agents.My friends did this 2 years ago. Chengdu is becoming more and more international, many drivers speak english now.

Mentioned in this post
Chengdu
Chengdu
Sichuan, China
10. Re: Private driver?