We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou by private car

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
46 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou by private car

Hi all, was wondering if you have any information about how long it takes to go to Jiuzhaigou from Chengdu by private car?

I have heard that it's 8-10 hours, but I've also heard 3-4 hours?

Any ideas please? Planning to go this weekend. Thanks a lot!

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou by private car

It takes 8-10 hours to travel from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou by private car.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
46 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou by private car

Hi exploreSWchina, thanks for your reply. Not sure why a driver that I'm planning to go with says 3-4 hours. I will clarify again with him, thanks.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
9,708 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou by private car

I can unequivocably say that there is NO WAY a private car, even a Ferrari, can get from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou in 3-4 hours. LOL.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou by private car

It do take 8-10 hours from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou by coach or bus.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,929 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou by private car

It's even 1.5 hrs between JZG airport and JZG entrance. 3-4 hrs will be less than an entire transfer time going with flight from Chengdu. Today you only get there in 6 hrs at the soonest.

However what the driver said would be true, by 2017-2018, opening of Chengdu-JZG-Lanzhou railway or another motorway via Mianyang.

Sichuan, China
Destination Expert
for Jiuzhaigou County, Chengdu
Level Contributor
719 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou by private car

A local driver can do it in about 6.5 hours but you don't want your driver to drive that fast on these roads. In the future the local authorities claim the new roads will reduce the travel time to 4 hours but that is optimistic even when the roads are complete. In good traffic, 7 hours is the best possible time.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
46 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou by private car

Hi All, thanks so much for your inputs. I actually got back from JZG and we did the trip in about 7 hours. =)

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou by private car

Hi Jwuisan,

May I know how much you paid for the private car? I presume it's with local driver. I am wondering if I can do a private tour up from Chengdu to Huanglong and Jiuzhaigou. Any information is welcomed. Thanks

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
46 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou by private car

Hi chuckycharles,

How many people are in your party? When I went, I went with one driver and he was quite okay, as in, he was a careful driver. If you speak chinese, please go ahead and contact him +8613980667822, his name is Hu Kok Cien.

If you have a bigger party, and if you can't speak chinese, I can recommend Angel, you can contact her through xccar@hotmail.com, or her phone +86 13981910372 or +86 15348197916. She speaks good english and can recommend you a driver (but not 100% sure if the driver can speak english). I didn't use her but just to give you another option.

Enjoy!

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou by private car

Hi Jwuisan,

Sorry late reply. Thanks very much for info. Will check with the guides directly.

Cheers